Staff member
Reaction score
teWuIKf

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Broken IMG tag, or just won’t show on my phone?
It's broken. Trying to fix it now, just making a mess though. Edit: In the reply below this, click on the '...' next to the broken image link. No clue why, but that seems to be the best I can do.

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, this is it. Today is my last day as the Five-0. (Although my Chief asked me if I'd be willing to come back part-time for special events and things like one or two days a month but I haven't decided about that yet)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The beginnings of a plan!!! Hahaha.
@AngryHobbit and @gpseymour ....Not really a borscht guy...but pelmeni and vareniki...with meat...hell yeah! :D
No need to include me in that post - that kind of food is entirely her purview around here. I'm not even sure what those are - but I'm sure the Hobbit does.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this is it. Today is my last day as the Five-0. (Although my Chief asked me if I'd be willing to come back part-time for special events and things like one or two days a month but I haven't decided about that yet)
So, how's it feel?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, how's it feel?
I don't know yet. I'm excited for new a adventure but I'm nervous I've never worked in a real office before and what I can say and do inside the walls of the PD I'm sure are not acceptable inside civilian offices. I'm thinking I can't tell my new boss to "F&*^ Off that's a stupid idea." My current boss knows that's a term of affection lol.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know yet. I'm excited for new a adventure but I'm nervous I've never worked in a real office before and what I can say and do inside the walls of the PD I'm sure are not acceptable inside civilian offices. I'm thinking I can't tell my new boss to "F&*^ Off that's a stupid idea." My current boss knows that's a term of affection lol.
Changing work culture after a long time can be tough. Hopefully the new group will be their own kind of fun to be around.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Changing work culture after a long time can be tough. Hopefully the new group will be their own kind of fun to be around.
It reminds me of the time I was in the Marine Corps and somehow I got sent to work in the base museum as a tour guide. It was right after I came off deployment. I was in the infantry so we had a slight potty mouth. One day I'm standing in formation and they call my name and say I had orders to Parris Island to teach at the rifle range. I get to Parris Island and they had no idea I was coming so they said they didn't have any room at the range so they sent me to the museum where my main job was to take families on tours during the family day. About 4 months later a Major walks in and says they had some complaints about my language on the tours and they found a spot at the Range for me lol.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I went through a similar change, but not quite the same, when I went from State Security to an IT office in the state.....it is doable...... not easy since I still have a different perspective than most who work there.... and that change was about 15 years ago after over 10 years in security. You will find that you find humor in the most interesting places

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I went through a similar change, but not quite the same, when I went from State Security to an IT office in the state.....it is doable...... not easy since I still have a different perspective than most who work there.... and that change was about 15 years ago after over 10 years in security. You will find that you find humor in the most interesting places
Yeah I'll be ok I can function without the colorful language my Chief just keeps making fun of me about it so now it's on my mind.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well its Australia, that also have 6 foot hopping rats too...and everything wants to kill you if your a human...so I give them a pass if they want to relive 2018...maybe it was good for them :D
6 foot hopping rats:D.......you won the forums for today everyone can go home now.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah I'll be ok I can function without the colorful language my Chief just keeps making fun of me about it so now it's on my mind.

I was amazed after about 10 years in IT when I ran into a Commissioner (boss of the whole place) that would make a sailor blush with his language....would not have phased me at all when I was in security......I noticed his language got a whole lot cleaner after he became a dad

Status
Not open for further replies.