Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't like carrot cake. But I do like KITTIES!

You know, I don't generally like carrot cake either, but the way the oldest made it was pretty darn good. He ground up the carrots so there were no stringy bits, did not drain the liquid and used it all in the batter.....it was delicious. I originally planned on trying it, saying to was ok, and never having any again...but this is darn good carrot cake. and the cream cheese frosting with a lot less sugar than the recipe asked for and then the caramelized sliced almonds on top....magnifique

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, I don't generally like carrot cake either, but the way the oldest made it was pretty darn good. He ground up the carrots so there were no stringy bits, did not drain the liquid and used it all in the batter.....it was delicious. I originally planned on trying it, saying to was ok, and never having any again...but this is darn good carrot cake. and the cream cheese frosting with a lot less sugar than the recipe asked for and then the caramelized sliced almonds on top....magnifique
Just... not my thing. I eat carrot cake occasionally, but I am far from being in love with it. I prefer my carrots in stews, soups, and salads.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to make a lot of things with less sugar than the recipe calls for. It almost always tastes better that way.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
EUREKA!!!!! I found a Carrot Cake that even the @AngryHobbit would like

3socs7k8eet11.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now this is a carrot cake:

Screen-Shot-2015-09-07-at-7.37.29-PM-1050x700.png

Maple candied bacon carrot cake.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hate carrot cake.....now coconut cake, that’s where it’s at.

My wife used to run a cake business from home.

When customers ordered coconut cakes my son and I would take the leftover shaved tops of the cake and the leftover icing and make coconut cake sandwiches....so good.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
For someone who presents a facade of a healthy eater, your emphasis on cake and preference toward it over a healthful vegetable soup and pescaterian potato salad is suspicious.

I eat a lot of vegetables..... but we all have our weaknesses

And I do not remember ever claiming to be a healthy eater, although I do try to.... I did however state that I do not like bacon and that it was a vile abomination against mankind.....man you bacon eaters are touchy

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

When customers ordered coconut cakes my son and I would take the leftover shaved tops of the cake and the leftover icing and make coconut cake sandwiches....so good.

Here's the thing...I don't like it either...but what he made was quite good...and no one was more surprised than me that I liked it

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I bought my wife an eighteen carrot necklace for Christmas. Does that count?

CarrotNecklace.jpg

Whether she makes cake or not remains to be seen.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did however state that I do not like bacon and that it was a vile abomination against mankind.....man you bacon eaters are touchy

Now, you see...

Had it just been "I don't like bacon" then there may have been a couple of comments about your strangeness and that would've been that.

My wife doesn't like bacon, she's odd, but meh, whatever.

However, the pathological hatred of bacon, calling it an abomination against mankind, that's where the predator genes kick in ;)

In summary:

Dislike = odd, but whatever
Claims of abomination = wtf dude, you mad, have some bacon and chill

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

OMG, I love a good coconut cake! This is something I haven't had until I came to the States - and I've been in love with it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions