Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Duck is a little like goose - stronger and nicer than chicken (and both surpass turkey).

Almost on par with pheasant, but in a slightly different way.
I start thawing my duck early, then marinate it. The Christmas duck was marinated in red wine - cabernet sauvignon - with sweet onion slices, salt, and pepper. It was stuffed with couscous, fabulously gigantic portobello mushrooms @gpseymour gave me for Christmas, and Gala apples.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I start thawing my duck early, then marinate it. The Christmas duck was marinated in red wine - cabernet sauvignon - with sweet onion slices, salt, and pepper. It was stuffed with couscous, fabulously gigantic portobello mushrooms @gpseymour gave me for Christmas, and Gala apples.

I much prefer it if it has no need to be thawed, having never been frozen...

It is usually much more expensive that way though, unfortunately.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, for goodness sake, @gpseymour ! Can't you just invite people over for a decent meal?! I'll cook!
giphy.gif
@wckf92 - Well, there you go. A promise of food. But you have to bring the wooden dummy with you.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have some.
And some duck.
(never had either, but borscht is soup, and duck is bird, how could one go wrong...)
You really can't. Maria knows it's getting warm outside when I start hinting about the first batch of borscht of the year.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I much prefer it if it has no need to be thawed, having never been frozen...

It is usually much more expensive that way though, unfortunately.
Nearly impossible to find around here, except by going out at an appropriate time with a shotgun.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I know it is not nice to laugh at other's misfortune, but that was a fabulous bit of comedy with a very appropriate nod to "Monty Python". I laughed.

Laughing is fine, it is the only way I made it through myself.......

The guy came, jumped it, was very nice, rather helpful and the car is now running.....well it was running..... it is in my parking garage not running....I am hoping when I head home it starts....

Also found out jump starting is fine and now I even have justification to replace my old battery charger/jump starter.....

and I am also SERIOUSLY considering picking up an old jeep to restore...back when I was an auto mechanic...everyone's car ran great...except mine...I did not want to work on it at all....now that I am in IT I have discovered the last place I want to deal with massive amounts of technology is no my car

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, for goodness sake, @gpseymour ! Can't you just invite people over for a decent meal?! I'll cook!
giphy.gif
They could, but Xue can't come because his car is dead... killed by a well intentioned mechanical engineering student and a cell phone

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

and I am also SERIOUSLY considering picking up an old jeep to restore...
I second this. Both my daughters are getting their licenses this year they both picked old jeeps as their vehicles. That's my vehicle of choice myself I'm approaching my 40th jeep in the last 20 years. I have 4 in my possession now. The newest Jeep I've ever owned is 2001.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've had two jeeps. Loved them both.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I second this. Both my daughters are getting their licenses this year they both picked old jeeps as their vehicles. That's my vehicle of choice myself I'm approaching my 40th jeep in the last 20 years. I have 4 in my possession now. The newest Jeep I've ever owned is 2001.

I've had two jeeps. Loved them both.

I have had 3 jeeps; a 1975 CJ5 and a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr and a 2000 something Jeep Patriot.... not such a fan of the patriot....but it was not bad...however Mrs Xue hates jeeps...but I was told I could get an old car to work on so...... time will tell......

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK..that's it..had enough of this stupid Dell laptop....finally got the right OS installed...installing drivers..old drivers...going fine...installed the proper touch pad driver...and it took everything out..... I am back to square 1...worked on it most of last week to get to where I was and WHAMMO!!!! one driver...that DELL said was needed...took them all out....first thing 2019 I'm calling Dell to asked them just what the heck were they thinking...and if they have any idea how I can get the REQUIRED OS on this dang thing....
calling it quits today...the last day of 2018 has been a real pain in the...well you know....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK..that's it..had enough of this stupid Dell laptop....finally got the right OS installed...installing drivers..old drivers...going fine...installed the proper touch pad driver...and it took everything out..... I am back to square 1...worked on it most of last week to get to where I was and WHAMMO!!!! one driver...that DELL said was needed...took them all out....first thing 2019 I'm calling Dell to asked them just what the heck were they thinking...and if they have any idea how I can get the REQUIRED OS on this dang thing....
calling it quits today...the last day of 2018 has been a real pain in the...well you know....
You're still working on that same laptop? Any chance what's wrong with it would qualify for them to just send you a replacement?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, new year's eve.

11pm.

Bit of shouting in the field behind our house, bloke with a torch wanders along our back fence.

20 minutes later, police on scene, a bunch of neighbours milling about.

Turns out, a small group of decidedly less than local individuals thought NYE is a good night to go out breaking into sheds and houses.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You're still working on that same laptop? Any chance what's wrong with it would qualify for them to just send you a replacement?

Its all of them. Been working on 2. and there are 14 or was it 15 of them. I will be calling Dell Wednesday to see what the heck is going on...if it is what I suspect I will be sending all of them back to the main office and making sure they understand this is what happens when you do not follow my specs..and state requirements for mobil devices

Status
Not open for further replies.