Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
went down to my trail this morning and saw a lot of people that i hadn't seen before and we had some really good discussions about the whole place too :)

turns out that there is already an association that's been formed and is clearing litter and fixing fences and trimming hedges and things :) i didn't know about any of that at all :( and i've been going there for over 4 years :/

the whole place is called Paddington Meadows and consists of 9 large fields and 3 sections of canal that have man made bridge type structures over them and the bit that i'm doing is section 2 :) section 1 is pretty much sorted all by itself and is the shortest section. section 2 is approx. half mile long and was and still in places a real nightmare :( section 3 has been heavily managed to create a wild flower meadow with the canal type part running through it as a centrepiece :)

i chose section 2 cos it'sw the one that provides most opportunities to do things and try new things as well as having a clear out of the dead stuff, the mish mash of branches where 4 trees have become entwinned with each other and need separating for their own good :) today i also noticed just how much new growth there is :) so i took some of the bigger trees out to let the new shoots grow through :)

should look really good when i've finished and it's had a year or so to bed down properly :)

today i'm really happy :) not been like this for a long long time :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Needed a stiff drink tonight..or rather a good helping of red wine:
One of my girl scouts came to the meeting without her glasses. She was squinting, even up close to 'the black board'.
On the way home I asked her 'when is your mom going to get your glasses fixed?'
Some time in May she answered...I made sure to ask if she had not misheard, no, she said, in May she had gotten her new glasses, that's when she will get new ones....

:eye-popping: :jaw-dropping::s493:

I will talk to my other leader....it is only the First half of September... that baby can't go without glasses for another 7 or 8 month!

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
7 or 8 months without being able to see properly :( that's nuts !!!!! does she come from a family that are living "on the edge" ????? or is it cos of insurance reasons ?????

hope you can help her out :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, keep us posted if she gets the help she needs

Today I should buy groceries... Maybe take jack to the dog park :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
7 or 8 months without being able to see properly :( that's nuts !!!!! does she come from a family that are living "on the edge" ????? or is it cos of insurance reasons ?????

hope you can help her out :)

Mom is a dunce....I will have a talk with my co-leader and then with mom....
We had that talk a few month ago, the girl was squinting with her old glasses on...I told mom, if I old cow squint, it's my own damn fault, because I can drive myself to the doc and have my glasses done. She had a bunch of excuses, like that the glasses didn't fit right and were from the wrong doctor and the regular place wouldn't fix them.

Problem is, the lady had 3 kids, her oldest is severely handicapped, the middle one has some emotional issues, and she is the 'good kid', helping out, being quiet - and being overlooked....

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went to the deli and got focaccia, potato, and pretzel bread. :)

Took jack to the park today... It's a good day so far

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tried a salad once... Put a lot of bacon on it... Still tasted the vegetables...

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's the best part of this thread, if someone wanted to say or write a list of things that have been posted on this thread it would be quicker to write a list of what hasn't been posted

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mom is a dunce....I will have a talk with my co-leader and then with mom....
We had that talk a few month ago, the girl was squinting with her old glasses on...I told mom, if I old cow squint, it's my own damn fault, because I can drive myself to the doc and have my glasses done. She had a bunch of excuses, like that the glasses didn't fit right and were from the wrong doctor and the regular place wouldn't fix them.

Problem is, the lady had 3 kids, her oldest is severely handicapped, the middle one has some emotional issues, and she is the 'good kid', helping out, being quiet - and being overlooked....

am hoping that you can help her out :) cos it sounds as though she's been dropped in at the deep end with this one. moms prolly got that much going on that she overlooking the stuff that's in front of her - she could prolly use a break from it all too.

is there no help available to her from like social services or what ever it's called to give here a helping hand cos it's not until you lost something that you realisse just how valuable it was in the first place and that little girl needs help :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
today i'm taking both jake and pud for a proper mooch in the forest that i've been looking at buying :)

it's also my birthday which is the biggest reason that we're all going to the forest for a mooch :)

got a letter this morning asking me to report to the psychiatric in patient unit on the 5th november :( hate going but i know why they're doing it -- the bangs of firweworks and other bangs just has me cowering behind the sofa and stuff so they take me in where it's free from loud noises and stuff :)

my own adopted family have totally forgotten again :) cos the postman has already been and the cards from my friends and my half sister were there but nothing from any of them :)

TODAY I'M 38 - one step closer to being ancient as my niece so kindly put it ;) isn't it great being a kiddie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.