Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, we had other places to ride. It's the way the world works, most people can't tell the frond end from a horse from the back...more walking and biking folks out....(on my grandma's farm, up in the other direction it's all open fields...a lot less people, too)

I know what you mean, I would not mind so much if people were able to communicate.
I am not sure if I prefer them to not come to meetings but at least answer emails and texts, or if I want them to come and be honest, can't make the time, or 'my back goes out more than I do'....

the problem that i've got is the opposite to the one you had cos on "my" trail the people that use it actually talk to each other and we tell each other what needs to be done :) the ecology group is a way of me not getting sued for stripping out the dead stuff ;) cos either way i would've got me chainsaw out again anyways :) it's that time of year ;)

just wish that the people in the group would segregate themselves like you suggested cos then it'd be a whole different ballgame in terms of logistics :)

the locala authority don't actually give a stuff cos it's the outer edge of the flood plain and to them it's dead ground :) but if it didn't get done then the trail would be impassable every year :(

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Getting ready to go on a 2 hour ride tomorrow morning to attend a martial arts school opening. It should be a great time. Some excellent instructors are going to be there giving demos. and it will be good to see some old friends I have not seen in way to many years

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
got accosted when i took my doggy out before by the lady that i helped by weeding her front garden for her and she wants me to re-landscape her front garden for her :):):) well happy that she's asked me to do it :):):)

also am really really looking forward to getting stuck into "my" trail this weekend - lots of blood, sweat and no tears if last week is anything to go by :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well - i've packed my bag ready for tomorrow :):)

found some more titanium blades for my bowsaw -- these did stacks of work last week, razor like sharp teeth - found that out too the hard way cos i got one of the teeth stuck in my finger :( not good but hell it was worth it :):)

found some more chains too :) and my spare chainsaw :) which was under pile of other stuff :( so am spending tonight stripping and rebuilding the chainsaw motor - only the lord knows how long it's not been used for since i got my new one last year :(

thinking that the lady that's asked me to do her garden is in for a shocker cos i'll have to go and make a start before i go chopping trees so i'm gunna turn up with chainsaw in hand to do a few rose bushes (total overkill ;)) --- i wouldn't take a chainsaw to them but it'll look way weird :)

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
..was told by an Instructor tonight that my sparring had improved - I am faster and my kicks, more powerful - after which she reminded me
I should try for lighter contact with those with less experience and - especially with those over the age of 40 - and while I quickly replied
with, 'Yes Ma'am!' - I thought to myself...wait a minute, I am over the age of 40!! :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got a text message from David today, he wants to have a bachiler party a week before his wedding... I don't know, my other friend Jackson is going i asked him he just laughed then hanged up... I hope it's not something weird :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Got a text message from David today, he wants to have a bachiler party a week before his wedding... I don't know, my other friend Jackson is going i asked him he just laughed then hanged up... I hope it's not something weird :)

It ain't no bachelor party without strippers

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
was supposed to go to a school opening this morning . Got a phone call from my ride saying his automobile would not start. Missed going to the opening. Such is life sometimes whatever we plan just not work out. Oh well, guess I'll just have to plan on visiting on another day

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
went down to the trail this morning and i did a total of 5 hours hard graft :) much enjoyed :)

then some weird thing happened -- i was sat down having supping my oj and some of the regulars came up to me and i asked them what they'd like me to do and they said

that they liked the canopy cos it keeps the rain out :) i always planned to keep as much overhead stuff in there as possible anyways :)

they liked the trees that are covered in ivy cos they protect them from the wind :) i was never going to touch them anyways cos i think that the ivy is supporting the trees ;)

they said they liked the way i'd opened the trail up so that there was more daylight hitting the floor :) a lot of people like the fact that they don't have to use bicycle lights to go through it anymore :) it really was that dark and creepy ;)

then one lady whose house backs onto the trail said that she'd like 2 sycamore trees removing :( i'm against removing the trees cos i love trees and the sycamore provides food and shelter for the squirrels so am reluctant to touch them :) i said that i would have to clear a space into which i could fell them but that there would be no guarantees that i would do it -- total cop out :)

doggy is well trashed cos he had to be on his guard the whole time cos of me felling the trees that are in the middle of it.

the trail as it stands now when i look down it is like this -- on the left there are houses, then the trail itself and then on the right there is an old canal that is used as a flood preventer for the houses and this is where 90% of my work has been just cutting back, coppicing out and generally just making sure that the new shoots on the tree trunks have enough ligt o sprout properly without being interfered with too much :)

i love my trail - i love the waty i've been left alone to get on with creating what i have and i love the input that i've had from the locals as well as the regulars :)

and i've made a date to go and perform "surgery" on the ladies front garden too :) her husband died of cancer about 4/5 months ago so i really like that i've been chosen to do it for her and i get to choose the plants and stuff that'll go in it too :)

in short life is pretty sweet today :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
went down to the trail this morning and i did a total of 5 hours hard graft :) much enjoyed :)

then some weird thing happened -- i was sat down having supping my oj and some of the regulars came up to me and i asked them what they'd like me to do and they said

that they liked the canopy cos it keeps the rain out :) i always planned to keep as much overhead stuff in there as possible anyways :)

they liked the trees that are covered in ivy cos they protect them from the wind :) i was never going to touch them anyways cos i think that the ivy is supporting the trees ;)

they said they liked the way i'd opened the trail up so that there was more daylight hitting the floor :) a lot of people like the fact that they don't have to use bicycle lights to go through it anymore :) it really was that dark and creepy ;)

then one lady whose house backs onto the trail said that she'd like 2 sycamore trees removing :( i'm against removing the trees cos i love trees and the sycamore provides food and shelter for the squirrels so am reluctant to touch them :) i said that i would have to clear a space into which i could fell them but that there would be no guarantees that i would do it -- total cop out :)

doggy is well trashed cos he had to be on his guard the whole time cos of me felling the trees that are in the middle of it.

the trail as it stands now when i look down it is like this -- on the left there are houses, then the trail itself and then on the right there is an old canal that is used as a flood preventer for the houses and this is where 90% of my work has been just cutting back, coppicing out and generally just making sure that the new shoots on the tree trunks have enough ligt o sprout properly without being interfered with too much :)

i love my trail - i love the waty i've been left alone to get on with creating what i have and i love the input that i've had from the locals as well as the regulars :)

and i've made a date to go and perform "surgery" on the ladies front garden too :) her husband died of cancer about 4/5 months ago so i really like that i've been chosen to do it for her and i get to choose the plants and stuff that'll go in it too :)

in short life is pretty sweet today :)

We will need pictures now, you know that, right! :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We will need pictures now, you know that, right! :)

i'll take some don't worry :) shame i didn't take any before i started :( so you could all see what i was up against :)

but am happy with it now though :) i'm just having major doubts about the two sycamore trees cos it's an "ecologically sensitive" area apparently although no one thought to make that point clear to me before i started :( so am in two minds about those 2 trees. there's a beautiful 30ft high birch tree right behind the second sycamore so if i was to take out the sycamore it would leave that open but in what condition i don't know cos i'd have to fell the sycamore in front of the birch tree probably wiping out the front branches of the birch tree which would be against what i'm trying to achieve :(and i don't think the squirrels qould like me too much for doing it either ;)

what would you do ????? take out the sycamore creating a happy home owner or would you leave it as it is for the wildlife ?????

need some help on this one cos am seriously torn............. :(

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It ain't no bachelor party without strippers

I think we're just going to the beach and have a big party maybe have wine, hang glide, swim or zip line and go to some restaurant (Havnt made group decision yet) just a good clean party :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think we're just going to the beach and have a big party maybe have wine, hang glide, swim or zip line and go to some restaurant (Havnt made group decision yet) just a good clean party :)

Beware the Marshmallows! :wink2:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i'll take some don't worry :) shame i didn't take any before i started :( so you could all see what i was up against :)

but am happy with it now though :) i'm just having major doubts about the two sycamore trees cos it's an "ecologically sensitive" area apparently although no one thought to make that point clear to me before i started :( so am in two minds about those 2 trees. there's a beautiful 30ft high birch tree right behind the second sycamore so if i was to take out the sycamore it would leave that open but in what condition i don't know cos i'd have to fell the sycamore in front of the birch tree probably wiping out the front branches of the birch tree which would be against what i'm trying to achieve :(and i don't think the squirrels qould like me too much for doing it either ;)

what would you do ????? take out the sycamore creating a happy home owner or would you leave it as it is for the wildlife ?????

need some help on this one cos am seriously torn............. :(

Ask the eco guys.
They generally prefer the big trees to stay up.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OUCH.

went to a football game last night.
it was so strange, I guess they had a lot of rain there or something, but when I got close to any kind of grass, I could smell the mold!
I mean big time! When I got home I popped two antihistamines (different ones) and still, I had a scratchy throat this morning.
And no, I do not yell at ball games, I am a band geek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions