Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
With heavy DoS attacks on Blizzard (WoW nerd here), and the general slowness and wonkiness of the net as of late....is it hackers or the solar flares?

I should turn this stupid thing off and read a book!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Reading books sounds good in theory but personally I can never get past the first Page without getting bored. Books with pictures :) or better a book of only pictures, now that is true perfection :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Reading books sounds good in theory but personally I can never get past the first Page without getting bored. Books with pictures :) or better a book of only pictures, now that is true perfection :)

it helps when you know how to read! :s482:

Maybe you just have not found the right book....

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to read in high school, my sister would always read novels or some kind of book with big hard to pronounce words and small complex words ill probably never use in a sentence. I usually just read hardy bros books or weapon books that have pictures :D

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always loved reading. But I only seem to have time to listen to audio books in the car these days unfortunately. But I also enjoy that as well

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i got a full set of Tess Gerritson books :) a full set of Kathy Reichs books :) a full set of Karin Slaughter books :)

you can see where my mind likes to stay active ;) if i'm not "killing" people in the cage then i'm reading about other people killing other people and cutting them up and stuff ;) i love to read ;)

am going to cut back some rose trees and pull up the plants that the lady (can't remember her name :( just know where she lives :)) wanted me to do in her front garden then at least the soil will have "rested" by the time i put new plants in there at some point next week :)

as for the sycamore trees - i'm gunna bail on it :) i'll go and talk to the owner of the house that wants them cutting down but i'm gunna tell her "no way" -- it just didn't fit into my logic for the place :)

see there's a bridge with a 5 bar gate next to her house and the trees are right next to the bridge so they form a kinda natural barrier between the rest of the floodplain and the track plus they're 30foot high which would mean me having to "drop" them onto the public footpath which would create a massive outburst from the locals and the ecologists etc...... it's one thing doing what i've done but it's something totally different to remove something for the sake of removing it --- it's not in the way and the braches don't overhang the footpath anywhere so there's no licence to chop it down on those grounds.

i'm sort of glad that i'm clear in my head as to what i want to do with it :)

a good sleepses always works for thinking things through :)

thanks mom for your input :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As I sit here with acupuncture needles in my elbow (stupid tennis elbow) I was thinking...This past year I shaved off my mustache that I had for over 20 years and now with my cataract surgery I no longer need glasses, that I have worn for over 40 years... looked in the mirror this morning and realized I didn't recognize me

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i went and sorted the front garden ready for planting and the lady that owns it came out in her PJ's when i was cracking on and i didn't see her after she went back indoors :)

also went and told the lady that owns the house next to my trail that there was no way i was going to chop the trees down :) there's 9 silver birch trees behind them so they can't go anywhere :) less work for me to have to do :)

going to go back and coppice some more out later today :) cos there's loads of work still to do :( just don't think that anyone expected what i'm doing to take so long :) i didn't either but parts of it are so claustrophobic it's unreal -- can see why the squirrels love it though it's like the main highway for squirrels ;)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
... Good luck

Today I should take jack to the dog park... After he gets cleaned up first hees been rolling around in the backyard getting dirty again.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I used to read in high school, my sister would always read novels or some kind of book with big hard to pronounce words and small complex words ill probably never use in a sentence. I usually just read hardy bros books or weapon books that have pictures :D

Ok, then pick up 'Zen in the Martial Arts' by Joe Hyams
The Art of War, by Sun Tzu
The Five Rings, by Miyamoto Musashi

besides, you would be surprised what kind of words you might need in the future! Big ones and little ones....sometimes you have to break out the $1 word, because he nickel version won't cut it. :)

dunno - techy have you not got a kindle ?????

Nope, no kindle.
As much as I like the option of carrying the library around with me, I hate reading on the computer screen.
Not to mention, the first time I heard such a thing existed was with a problem, when somebody sued Amazon, because they deleted the book from his device...not possible when you hold the paper version in hand - plus resale and loaning it out is easier.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
trying to work out whether or not to wear my little black dress for going out in tonight -- am stuck cos i made a little blue satin dress a while back and i've never worn it :( my friends are gunna be really shocked either way cos i never wear a skirt or god forbid a dress but i want to feel me for a change :)

had a look in the mirror too whilst am trying to decide and the muscles that i've got - WOW :) - if you really are passionate about getting in shape go cutting trees down with a bowsaw :) my tummy is tighter than it's ever been and my arms are more solid than they used to be too :)

not seen the lady with the front garden that i'm doing so i can only presume that what i've done was a good job :)

am well happy :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, then pick up 'Zen in the Martial Arts' by Joe Hyams
The Art of War, by Sun Tzu
The Five Rings, by Miyamoto Musashi

besides, you would be surprised what kind of words you might need in the future! Big ones and little ones....sometimes you have to break out the $1 word, because he nickel version won't cut it. :)

Nope, no kindle.
As much as I like the option of carrying the library around with me, I hate reading on the computer screen.
Not to mention, the first time I heard such a thing existed was with a problem, when somebody sued Amazon, because they deleted the book from his device...not possible when you hold the paper version in hand - plus resale and loaning it out is easier.

RESALE wtf ????? i've never let a book that i've bought out of my sight :) once i've read a book i put it in the storage box along with all the rest :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Slow day... Went to dog park, ate lunch, some practice, and watched ace ventura pet detective... Aside from that today was quite, jack didn't bark at the neighbors and not that much people at the park today

Status
Not open for further replies.