Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all on MT (including those of you who insisted on starting your year a day early)! I awoke this morning to a light, pretty dusting of snow on the deck. Nice way to start the year.

Now, I could go for a warm day. Now. :penguin:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all on MT (including those of you who insisted on starting your year a day early)! I awoke this morning to a light, pretty dusting of snow on the deck. Nice way to start the year.

Now, I could go for a warm day. Now. :penguin:

Happy New year to you are well.... I woke up to a sunny day, with about 6 inches of snow on the ground from the last snowfall and -4 degrees..... it is now a balmy -1 (Fahrenheit)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, did anyone else notice the mighty @Bob Hubbard changed his avatar..... so....it appears.... he IS still lurking around.....If he sees this, howdy Bob, how is MT retirement treating you
I hadn't noticed that. It must have been pretty recently, because I'm sure I saw his avatar on some old post sometime in the last month.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i think for 2018 im ready to start writing a MA book. been thinking about it for 20 years but never had good enough material or topic. but i think know i have hashed out enough philosophy and principals along with my own journey to put something worth while together.

Edit: also i started working on a Youtube channel the other day.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think for 2018 im ready to start writing a MA book. been thinking about it for 20 years but never had good enough material or topic. but i think know i have hashed out enough philosophy and principals along with my own journey to put something worth while together.

Get to it, man. I started thinking about one some years ago, but my views and approach have been shifting around a bit for the last 10+ years. I'm probably another 5-10 years from being able to put something coherent into print.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
a good bulk of my own journey revolves around Authentic Rinzai Zen training mixed with Shugyo hard martial art training, the other half of my journey is more tactial LEO type combative training. so i will have to decide if i can blend those together somehow or focus on one aspect. but the underlying thread of what i want to write is some indepth looks at philosophy and MA principals.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
2018 has started and I have this stupid ear/sinus thing that has been going on for a couple weeks... going to my first doctor's appointment of the year today

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

As someone who had already cleared the hurdle of writing, finishing, and publishing, I can tell you: as with other major life events (getting married, having kids, getting a degree, getting a new job, buying a house, etc.) there will never be just the right time to get your book together and get it out into the world. It will never be perfect. You will never be satisfied. You will want to add to it and change things. Get it out anyway.

That is not to say you should publish tripe - not at all. Get it well into shape, have it well organized and edited, by all means. But do have a finishing point in mind and stick to it. You can always gather additional ideas you have while writing THIS book and write another one. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Go for it, brother. You certainly have the experience and knowledge, might as well get it going. Just...

BumGlue.jpg

While usually attributed to the Australian author, the late, great Bryce Courtenay, it was told to him by Stephen King - while both were running the Boston Marathon.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go for it, brother. You certainly have the experience and knowledge, might as well get it going. Just...

View attachment 21179

While usually attributed to the Australian author, the late, great Bryce Courtenay, it was told to him by Stephen King - while both were running the Boston Marathon.
Speaking of Stephen King - his book "On writing" is one of my favorite things ever. There is a great audio version of it - narrated by author. Loved it!

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Happy New Year MT, been awhile for awhile chasing airguns down a rabbit hole (or maybe squirrel tree hole). Hope everyone is doing well. Been lazy over the holidays but itching to go back to getting my @$$ whupped.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

it's day three, you started yet?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Storm on the way, but it looks like the North/East will not get the brunt of it if the track does not change. Hope all in the south and on the entire Atlantic coastline stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions