Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At a Christmas party with some college friends. First time seeing them in years, and coincidentally the first time I've been drunk in over a year.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, if we're going to do some music, I'd like to add this. And after the bagpipes - just gives me chicken skin like you read about. Always has.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, if we're going to do some music, I'd like to add this. And after the bagpipes - just gives me chicken skin like you read about. Always has.

But in al seriousness I use to enjoy amazing grace, but I can no longer listen to it. A friend of mine was an LEO killed in the line of duty, over 20 years ago, and and they played it and after that for a few years every single time I heard it, not to long afterwards, I found out someone else I knew, or was related to, had died..... just discovered I still can't listen to it

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are a couple of Billy Joel songs that catch me like this.
While on the Greatest Hits compilations, they get little to no air time.
My mom had them picked for my sister's funeral.
It was very eerie to hear one of them after i got back home, about 2 weeks later....while I was thinking about how we had cleared her house out.

The other one

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are a couple of Billy Joel songs that catch me like this.
While on the Greatest Hits compilations, they get little to no air time.
My mom had them picked for my sister's funeral.
It was very eerie to hear one of them after i got back home, about 2 weeks later....while I was thinking about how we had cleared her house out.

The other one
Love him. We were fortunate to see Billy Joel and Elton John in a concert together about 12 - 13 years ago. One of my favorite experiences ever.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love him. We were fortunate to see Billy Joel and Elton John in a concert together about 12 - 13 years ago. One of my favorite experiences ever.
I think the only concert I enjoyed more was Elton John's "Solo" tour - just him and his piano in smaller venues.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's Time to those New year's resolutions everybody! No time to be lazy or greedy. Everyone gets one. Mine is to be the same exact person I was last year... Nothings gonna change that. :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's Time to those New year's resolutions everybody! No time to be lazy or greedy. Everyone gets one. Mine is to be the same exact person I was last year... Nothings gonna change that. :D
Meh... I don't do New Year resolutions. When I decide to do something - I just do it. If I waited until New Year every time, nothing would get done around here. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maria isn't big on them. I usually make a couple. I haven't made any yet for this year - still contemplating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions