Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a lot of that in my area. I can't talk my wife into going.

you know.. while I get that and respect it - life's too short!
After I got jumped and experienced the six months following..
of being afraid of everything.. I just decided that I didn't want
to be one to say, 'someday or one day, I'll try that'.. I'm going
to jump in headfirst and (pun not intended) just do it..

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know.. while I get that and respect it - life's too short!
After I got jumped and experienced the six months following..
of being afraid of everything.. I just decided that I didn't want
to be one to say, 'someday or one day, I'll try that'.. I'm going
to jump in headfirst and (pun not intended) just do it..
That's more my style than hers. I'm more impulsive (and less organized). At some point, I'll find myself near one of the zipline places when she's not with me, and I'll probably just hop in and go. She prefers to plan ahead.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
In theory I should be able to get a RAISE.
I get my evaluations once a year, a score from 1 through 5, several categories.
In theory, I should be able to score actually a 5 there somewhere, in relation to the awesomeness I bring to my job.

In reality, you get 3s = competent.
a handful of 4s thrown in there, the small bag of baby carrots, to keep you thinking that you could actually improve the score.

But you can't.
I think the 4s were in the exact same categories as last year, though given by a different supervisor....
So yeah, it put me in a good mood for the day, but for all the wrong reasons.
You know, the feeling when you go in 'just tell me where to sign!'
You know it's bogus.

You should get a 1000$ bonus, really: Thank you, loyal employee, that we did not have to train your replacement.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah, time to start looking I guess.....

Same BS at the State University I teach, been getting 1% raises for years (if any at all) and then they throw in a one time bonus or five extra days of vacation ( I can never use all the vacation I already have). The bonus is not going to help my retirement.

Ooops I just realized I meant to quote your earlier post but I'm too lazy to start over again....

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
IMG_2048.JPG
officially booked me and my nephew to go
zip lining on the 27th!! :)

Ziplining is awesome. Did it with my then 8 yo daughter a couple of years ago. She loved it, too, even though on some lines she had to be strapped to someone's chest because she was not heavy enough to get enough momentum to make it all the way across

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Same BS at the State University I teach, been getting 1% raises for years (if any at all) and then they throw in a one time bonus or five extra days of vacation ( I can never use all the vacation I already have). The bonus is not going to help my retirement.

Ooops I just realized I meant to quote your earlier post but I'm too lazy to start over again....
Raises for Federal government work are not performance based at all, which is a common gripe.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm just going to try an experiment. I'm going to just keep selecting the predictive words in my iPad to see what apple thinks I'm trying to say. Here goes:

The first place I have been paid and unpaid invoice is for your email find. All of you who don't think that you can do that PPP, the same thing happened with a good idea of a few months back. I am going through my resume to the first one to go through this and it will take place at all and all that I am. A very long day at a very long day for you can get it is the first place.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm just going to try an experiment. I'm going to just keep selecting the predictive words in my iPad to see what apple thinks I'm trying to say. Here goes:

The first place I have been paid and unpaid invoice is for your email find. All of you who don't think that you can do that PPP, the same thing happened with a good idea of a few months back. I am going through my resume to the first one to go through this and it will take place at all and all that I am. A very long day at a very long day for you can get it is the first place.

Awesome. Let me try that on my Android.

We are Skynet...all humans must be terminated...

:eek:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Makes as much sense as some of the stuff I've posted here.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Raises for Federal government work are not performance based at all, which is a common gripe.

Some people do get merit raises but again it might be one percent or so....I suck so there goes that.....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I get 3% merit increase every year but the last 3 years it has been frozen so they owe me 9%

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I guess it wouldn't frost my cookie as much if they just told you, hey, raises suck.
We ain't paying, but work you like a dog, hold you to a higher standard than 2nd shift...and make you do half their work....

You know, under the year you get this 'oh, you are doing such great work, excellent scores...'
but then they give you a 'meh, average' score so they can keep the price down.

well, this is why the staff sucks.
nobody worth their salt stays, of if they do they don't give a fig.

Today I had a really bad day. Still smiled at customers, still did extra.....
Because the day sucked.
Not for me, but the lead.
It's not his fault he had to give me this BS evaluation......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions