Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oldest going to China today...by United.... against my airline recommendation....first leg...30 minutes late... got to connecting flight just in time to catch it...but wait...United gave his seat away.....but they checked and they did have 1 seat left at the back...apparently someone else had not arrived so they gave that seat away to the oldest....... I can't tell you how many times United ahs messed up Mrs Xue, from being so late that she missed connections to cancelling a flight and telling her to take the non-existent shuttle to the other airport for her connecting flight (airport 4 hours away)...after a pilot who happened to walk by told her there was no shuttle they finally sprung for a bus and a hotel to get her to the other airport...but she missed her flight and had to be scheduled on another...24 hours later...... why they keep using United I have no idea...if their not canceling your flight, its late, or they could always give away your seat or possibly beat you up for your seat.....yup...the friendly skies of United :rolleyes:
Easily my least favorite airline. I've experienced more snarkiness there, in the 6-10 flights I've been on, than in the entirety of the hundreds of other flights I've taken.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, United isn't a magic carpet ride, although they probably could do nothing about the delay.
I think it was united, but I forgot, but I did have one AWESOME gate agent one time.
He got me on a plane (Delta) when my layover destination wasn't working.
He had the wrong information, so my bags got lost in transit (he had the crew shove it on the plane that was overbooked, before he found my magic carpet!)
But I got them back later in the evening when I arrived.
I should have taken his name down, because he was just the best, even with all the uncooperating passengers...

But the inflight service home from that trip?
Blech!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, what I really came here for....

I gots myself banned at another forum - having concerns about experiencing a nuclear mushroom clout in person somehow did not fit their idea for an off topic topic....

Soooo, now, I can't access anything on there, and can't even log out to free the computer (for trolling and shenanigans)

Don't tell me I need to fire up a proxy! I did try the cache cleaning and cookie removal....on two machines, two browsers....(yes, I am an overachiever...I had two accounts, both banned. I am such a criminal)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, what I really came here for....

I gots myself banned at another forum - having concerns about experiencing a nuclear mushroom clout in person somehow did not fit their idea for an off topic topic....

Soooo, now, I can't access anything on there, and can't even log out to free the computer (for trolling and shenanigans)

Don't tell me I need to fire up a proxy! I did try the cache cleaning and cookie removal....on two machines, two browsers....(yes, I am an overachiever...I had two accounts, both banned. I am such a criminal)

Clear your browser history and uncheck preserve favorite website data and you should be good to go and disconnected

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
preserve favorite website data? Where can I uncheck this?
I use Firefox on the PC, and of course Chrome on the Chromebook

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did that on firefox, including side preference.
so far it worked (have not started on the shenanigans yet to confirm for sure!)

The chrombook is not cooperating! :(

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wife got a new job! Woohoo!

Awesome.

Can you now retire and focus ONLY on martial arts :D

This, by the way, is something I am trying to convince my wife is a good thing..... so far.... all my attempts have been unsuccessful... and have only strengthen her belief that I am martial arts crazy:D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. What sort of job?
Analyst, data, technical stuff. Databases and statistics and records, oh my! She's been looking forward to a change - same company (non-profit hospital system), different boss.j

EDIT: Oh, and a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions