Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Said goodbye to my oldest dog this week. Maggie was nearly 14. Not nearly as old as the oldest dog I've ever had (Sam made it to 19.5), but old for a fairly big girl. She died quietly at the vet on her own, while being housed there while I was out of town so she wouldn't be alone all day.

She was easily the waggiest dog I've ever had. She wagged at everyone. She wagged in her sleep. She wagged even harder when there was food to be had. Three times in her life she wagged her tail bloody (and didn't seem to notice). When she was older, before arthritis slowed her wag down, she wagged her tail permanently bald.

When we first moved to this area, she was about 8 years old, and while she could still run and play, she was a bit past her prime. She and Reid (now about 8) went for a run in the hills. 2 hours later, they hadn't returned, so I went hiking to look for them. Reid came back without her shortly after I left. About 1/2 mile from my house, I was skirting along a ridge above some houses and Maggie came dragging up to me. She was exhausted (but still wagging like a maniac), and when she got to me, she just laid down and asked for a belly rub. After a minute, I stood up and told her we needed to go home. She just looked at me, so I got to carry her 65 lbs. down off of that ridge to the road so my wife could pick us up. Maggie slept for about 6 hours straight after that before she would even eat.

I hope she's enjoying her wanderings wherever it is dogs go...
My condolences Gerry.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on a new warm-up routine for classes. I've let it get too soft, and now that I've had a chance to catch up on some of the current research, it's time for something more challenging. I'm working on building it around the concept of HIIT (high-intensity interval training).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had a great brunch today.

Also figured out that From my living room to the master bedroom I can do part wild horses mane, wave hands like clouds, back up with repulse monkey. Stop in the middle do some bagua circle walking some of the Sun Taijiquan form and then continue on doing part wild horses mane, wave hands like clouds and repulse monkey to the master bedroom.

Nice little training opportunity I have been missing for years

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a great brunch today.

Also figured out that From my living room to the master bedroom I can do part wild horses mane, wave hands like clouds, back up with repulse monkey. Stop in the middle do some bagua circle walking some of the Sun Taijiquan form and then continue on doing part wild horses mane, wave hands like clouds and repulse monkey to the master bedroom.

Nice little training opportunity I have been missing for years
I love the names of those forms. I've probably done some of them in seminars, but the images I conjure when I hear the names....especially "repulse monkey to the master bedroom". Classic form!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A whole bunch of crazy people at work tonight. Not politically correct to describe them that way, but they still be crazy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
COFFEE!!!!!!
coffee-stock-photo-0e8b300f42157b6f.jpg

And no reflux issues :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Been working with Sun Taiji, what little I know of it, trying to remember my Wu 45 competition form, got the opening 6 moves back, working with Wu style stepping, working with the Chen based Mini-compact taijiquan, and I am working with Bagua stepping too, and I have to tell you.... I am enjoying the heck out of it at the moment

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Words of wisdom from Microsoft’s MCSA Windows 10 Study Guide

You must perform a clean install of Windows 10 if any of the following conditions are true:
  • There is no operating system currently installed
That is right up there with my favorite Microsoft Windows error

Keyboard error
No keyboard detected, press any key to continue

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Words of wisdom from Microsoft’s MCSA Windows 10 Study Guide

You must perform a clean install of Windows 10 if any of the following conditions are true:
  • There is no operating system currently installed
That is right up there with my favorite Microsoft Windows error

Keyboard error
No keyboard detected, press any key to continue
There are many who will disagree with MS on that suggestion - they'll say that's the perfect Windows installation, already!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently wishing I could figure out how to make the new kata more compact without adding extra steps. One of them actually doesn't fit on our mats unless you start in the exact right place.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I really need to read these posts more carefully, I missed this one

A whole bunch of crazy people at work tonight. Not politically correct to describe them that way, but they still be crazy.

Well, at least you didn't refer to them as "insane, whack-a-doo, nut jobs", so I think you're good form a PC POV :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Official, too. One of our radio call sheets.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Official, too. One of our radio call sheets.

Well then, when in doubt, we now just say, they're "Code 25"

We use to have a code for idiot when I was security for the state, but it was not official, it was just one we used, but we were not watched as closely as your average PD person. If I remember correctly it was something like Code 115, and it was not on any radio sheets :D

Of course in IT we have the "ID 10 T" error...and my personal favorite the "A 55h ole" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions