Votes: 30 8.7%
  • not involved with martial arts

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ha, I'm a Burnt Umber Belt in Icky Thump, the ancient Art of using Bread Pudding as a weapon! Goodies, Goody goody yum yum

Remember my tongue is firmly in my cheek at all times and this post has no semblance of reality to it.

I wanted to study Tennessee Ernie Ford's 16 Ton method too but it didn't work out eh

Skennen Peace

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a black belt yet. I am about to test for my brown belt sometime soon. My instructor has to talk to the head hancho guy (the one that oversees the testing) to see what date works. I'll find out this Wed.!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kwiter said:
Ha, I'm a Burnt Umber Belt in Icky Thump, the ancient Art of using Bread Pudding as a weapon! Goodies, Goody goody yum yum

Remember my tongue is firmly in my cheek at all times and this post has no semblance of reality to it.

I wanted to study Tennessee Ernie Ford's 16 Ton method too but it didn't work out eh

Skennen Peace

You really should consider joining something! You'll have a blast, I promise!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I bought a black leather belt from Wal-Mart once, does that count? :)

I am in CMA, no belt ranks but I was an advanced student of my Yang Style Sifu and an assistant teacher to my Sifu before that. However I do not know if that means I am the equivalent of a Black belt or not,

Ciprian Vali

White Belt
Reaction score
I hold a 2nd degree black belt in Juujutsu, a black belt in judo, and I also practise JKD.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a dan in judo, am testing this week for 5th gup hapkido and next week for 4th gup tae kwon do

mw.rosa

White Belt
Reaction score
I voted black belt rank and intermediate rank.
I'm a samdan in WTF taekwondo and 6th geup in haidong gumdo.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a godan in Shotokan, a 1st in EPAK, and Instructor certification in another Art that doesn't use rank.

I also have a few color belts in various systems. Yellow in TKD, Blue in Goju Ryo(5th Kyu), Orange in IKCA Kenpo. I also boxed but the only belts there were shiney and gold :)

I am currently preparing for an assessment in Han Foo Wa, Bill Shaw's freestyle martial arts.

Mark

P.S. I just noticed the thread necro. Its interesting the demographics here. I assume that people interested in martialarts to spend free time on chatting on a ma forum are into it enough that most would be advanced/black belt level. I find the 3% that don't do MA interesting. The study must be popular.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering when this thread was started, someone who took their first class the day it was started might well have earned their BB by now...

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Considering when this thread was started, someone who took their first class the day it was started might well have earned their BB by now...

Good point. Sorta skews the poll a bit. Maybe we should do a new one asking how many have earned their BB since joining martial talk. Aside, of course, from the cool ones for post count. :)

Mark