Not open for further replies.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please note, since we're all getting covered by these blankets, that we will not be implimenting a strict boy-girl policy, so if you're concerned about who you might be cuddling up against, you may wish to wear protection.

LOL!

I've worked out with several people who were gay, and probably a few more who were bi or that I didn't know. It doesn't bother me. I will admit to having 1 hit on me after a vigorous grappling bout that did leave me a bit squicked about 15 years ago, but I got over it quick and let them know I wasn't interested. It didn't effect our friendship. In the last 2 years, I've dealt with probably 50+ people who are gay or bi. They are people, like everyone else. Tall, short, skinny, fat, smart and dumb. They are simply wired a little differently. Oh, and for those wondering, no, I'm not. I photograph that which I like and you'll notice I mostly shoot females. LOL! And landscapes. But I will admit to hugging a tree here n there. :D

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You know, if people would just shut up and train.....
I'm a conservative Christian. I don't care about anyone's sexuality in either of the schools I train. There was nothing on the sign up sheet at either school asking my sexuality. I don't see what the big deal is. The only instructors I would not train under are those who's teaching preferences I did not like. My instructors(or fellow students) sexuality, religion, political orientation, etc...does not concern me, as I am not there to learn about their personal lives. (Granted, if I meet new people and make new friends that is a plus, but that's not my intent when I step into the dojo).

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
As long as it's not my wife, little children, cadavers or barnyard animals (unless you are a consenting barnyard animal of course) it's none of my business whom you make happy naked fun time with. I also don't care about which church you go to, what you eat or if you smoke where I'm not currently breathing the same air. Heck, I don't even care all that much what species of leaf you stick into your pipe as long as it's not in my house. That's your business.

"Long on tolerance. Short on patience. Generally willing to forgive."
There are worse mottoes.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know over forty years of training I worked out with all kinds do I mind not at all. Now here is another story that jsut eats at me.

I am 5'9" and wiegh about 260 right now so I am short and fat or pleasantly plump, whichever you prfer, at anyrate the other day this young man comes in and ask I can I speak to the head instructor and my wife say sure he is the gentleman on the floor, he turn and saids out load that cannot be the head instuctor he is fat and out of shape. My class stopped and look at him and I walked ove rextended my hand to shake his and he says come on I am looking for the head instructor and I say well that would be me. He begins to laugh and says you cannot teach me anything, I said I am sure you know alot and his reply is no but I know if I came at you there would be nothing you could do. A few seconds pass and another student say attack and see, so he looked at my and threw a punch towards my chest I opened hand block hooked the arm and sweeped him to the ground. Afte he got up he said lucky move and I said to him I must be one of the luckiest man on this earth aand he looked at me and then said why. My comment was because I will never ever teach you or anybody like you, guess what he is a student and he is learning proper speaking skills. What does this have to do with this thread is simple we can all change if we really won't to. So why don't some of you try it and see what type of response you will get here, this is a great place for all people and types of MA. I hate to loose people over common stupidity.

Take care and lets enjoy each others views.

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score

This is a good way to sum up the thread, learn about opening our minds and eyes and taking the time to grow.

Isn't MA about growing, learning and getting better? Challenges come in many shapes and forms. Wouldn't it be cool if the growth could spill over into all parts of our lives?

For me, that's what I am looking for -- an MA lifestyle that I take on by choice and leads me to growth and reach for personal challenges. That's why I started and probably why I will stay. To reach past my own challenges and work towards new ones.

Yes, take care and let's enjoy and respect the views here.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A few seconds pass and another student say attack and see

Ha!

guess what he is a student and he is learning proper speaking skills.
You now teach him TaeKwonDo?
What does this have to do with this thread is simple we can all change if we really won't to. So why don't some of you try it and see what type of response you will get here, this is a great place for all people and types of MA. I hate to loose people over common stupidity.

Right!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have heard of this happening before, someone has to be shown for sure before the believe! Nothing like the Earth itself hitting someone to remove the doubt! The floor does not bend a whole lot!

Well we have matted floors so it was not as hard
icon10.gif

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does this thread really mean anything except for those that are like voltures about certain things
Hmm, voltures....

Attachments

• $volture.jpg
    $volture.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 209

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a zoonecrophiliac, and enjoy getting naked with road kill. Hasn't affected my training any. Of course, I smell poorly sometimes, but other than that...

So what would preference have to do with anything?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Freezer burn. After a while gangrene sets in. You start to stink, and sloughed tissue is impossible to get out of a white gi. It's very inconsiderate.

DArnold

Purple Belt
Reaction score
DArnold -- I don't get your answer .... you find offense-sensitivity and P.C crap offensive? And you are not a sexist??? Who are you trying to kid?
What are you then -- and loving the jokes and just fueling them just fuels hate in different sectors.
With all due respect, you sound to me like one of those people sitting on the fence who can't be bothered.

Nope, I'm bothered all the time.
I am active in causes, politics, and comedy!

I'm bothered by those who throw out these terms because how dare you have an opinion different then theirs. If you do you are sexist, racist...

(I knew someone would grab the hook!)

I did not say men were better than women or
women were better than men.
I said that they are not equal.
I do not live in a homoginous society (thank god).

There will always be a minority and inequality, wake up.

I'm offended by those that everytime a joke is told they become offended. Why, because they are on a crusade for their cause. WELLLL TOOO BAD.

That I have to walk on pins and needles because you may be offended is crap. This insenitivity is brought on by the overbearing offense-sensitivity that some force on you (The tollerance generation).

I don't have to be tollerant if I disagree with you!

navyvetcv60

Orange Belt
Reaction score

I'm bothered by those who throw out these terms because how dare you have an opinion different then theirs. If you do you are sexist, racist...

I'm offended by those that everytime a joke is told they become offended. Why, because they are on a crusade for their cause. WELLLL TOOO BAD.

That I have to walk on pins and needles because you may be offended is crap. This insenitivity is brought on by the overbearing offense-sensitivity that some force on you (The tollerance generation).

That's what I'm talking about! The PC & Tolerance crowd can go around as pouting their vitriol and intolerance and the minute a Christian or conservative speaks their mind then all hell breaks loose, they click their little red triangle and you get stood in the corner. Mark my word, one day the world will wake up and the industry of "Big" tolerance and "Big" Pc will be ashamed to open their mouths.

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score

You do sound a little angry and a lot bothered.

Using humor to belittle someone or a group of people because of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc is just a sign of insecurity. People use humor and joking when they are nervous and they don't understand something. Jokes distance ... laughter is a very strong defense mechanism. People use defense mechanisms for a lot of reasons.

I'll leave it at that because I am not out to bother you more. I would hope that if we were taking a class together in the same Dojang, we would practice together with respect and integrity without pushing anything on each other ... just doing what were there to do. Focus on our martial art and focus on our own personal journey.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, despite a number of warnings, some are not getting the message.

THREAD CLOSED FOR REVIEW!

MIKE SLOSEK
MT ASST. ADMIN

Status
Not open for further replies.