Do you consider street fighting a martial art

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is not about that tez , its about the street fighters ability , like saying bruce lee wouldnt of been nothing if he hadnt learn wing chun bruce lee would of been bruce lee no matter what art he took up tae kwon do capoera muay thai etc etc %-}

?
A lot of street fighters have no abilities, what they have is a blatant disregard for human life and a total lack of of concern for the damage they inflict. It's easy to go into a fight if you don't give a damn about anything.
Quite often someone is mistaken for being 'hard' when what they actually are is psychopathically unable to care about any consequences of their actions. trust me on this one, I know a fair few who are like this. They aren't to be feared because of their fighting abilities but of thei ability if you want to put it that way, of being able to do whatever they want unhampered by morals or humanity.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
?
A lot of street fighters have no abilities, what they have is a blatant disregard for human life and a total lack of of concern for the damage they inflict. It's easy to go into a fight if you don't give a damn about anything.
Quite often someone is mistaken for being 'hard' when what they actually are is psychopathically unable to care about any consequences of their actions. trust me on this one, I know a fair few who are like this. They aren't to be feared because of their fighting abilities but of thei ability if you want to put it that way, of being able to do whatever they want unhampered by morals or humanity.

Great example of this is Serial Killers, nothing special in the department of fitness or skills or even techniques. Just no humanity in them.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Some "martial arts" were created or devised from fighting in the urban streets and in the field of combat... Krav Maga is a prime example.

It all depends on what angles you decide to look at.

Latest Discussions