Can an underweight man realistically protect himself/fight his way out of a situation?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow...

While I generally agree that size, strength, weight, endurance, and "attitude" can be very important factors, particularly when one or both are unarmed, pretty much the rest of your post is pure MMA "Meat Head" ramblings.

:p

Kirk, I suspect that Kofo doesn't actually train MMA or anything else. Most of the MMA fighters I train with are much better informed.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Funny coming from a guy beliving in magic pressure points, too bad magic doesnt work in the UFC i guess.
That's mildly amusing coming from a guy endorsing boxing because, brace yourself Effie, boxing used to teach several "pressure point" attacks! Even post-Marquis of Queensberry there were a number of them which were common. 1913 Middle-Weight Champion of the World, Frank Klaus describes several in his book, "The Art of In-Fighting."

The "button," the "Mark" (solar plexus), and the "Liver Punch" are all ones which you should still know of. There were others, but they're pretty much forgotten or illegal now.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kirk, I suspect that Kofo doesn't actually train MMA or anything else. Most of the MMA fighters I train with are much better informed.
I agree generally. He might "train" but I seriously doubt that he Trains, which is why I described him as a MMA "Meat Head."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, let's leave off the the personal attacks, OK? I'm seeing some very interesting discussion in this thread -- but it's starting to get lost in some personality clashes. Try to remember that text communication like posts ends up losing a lot of the non-verbal indicators that we rely on to smooth face-to-face interaction.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haha, a certain poster here reminds of this lady I took a night school class with. She was telling people she was a kickboxer and was introduced to me as a kickboxer that I should train with...turned out she attended cardio kickboxing classes... :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I tried to give reasonable answers to Kofo. I think pehaps he should fill in his profile with a bit more detail so we know who we are respondiing to. Going easy on begginers is one thing. Trolls are another matter. Oh well, I'm on the net and don't respond well to trolls or keyboard MA. My last post in this one.

I did join this Forum many years ago but had to re register. It used to be a bit cleaner then.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haha, a certain poster here reminds of this lady I took a night school class with. She was telling people she was a kickboxer and was introduced to me as a kickboxer that I should train with...turned out she attended cardio kickboxing classes... :)
I remember seeing the Tae-Bo commercials with some woman talking to the camera about how much safer she feels now that she can defend herself thanks to Tae-Bo! :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Probably more useful than kihon and kata. In cardio kickboxing they hit on pads dont they ? Not just on imaginary foes in the emty air.

Kofo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So you train with firearms.

Why didn't you say so.

Mods move him to the guns sub-forum. :p

So what kind of person do you train to defend against ?

Regular guys dont attack anybody, unless something have triggered an insane, psycotic anger.

I hope none of you guys never gets attacked by a "real" killer criminal. He will see right threw you, he will see in your eyes that you are not a violent man. And whatever you do, DO NOT, get into some stupid martial arts fighting position, you will just fuel his anger.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Probably more useful than kihon and kata. In cardio kickboxing they hit on pads dont they ? Not just on imaginary foes in the emty air.
Not the ones I've seen, no. What I've seen has all been empty air with badly formed punches and horrible technique for what passes for kicks.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't make a whole lot of assumptions about what the person is or is not because it's difficult to know ahead of time. However, if I were to, I would do a statistical analysis on what attacks were in the areas and base it off of a profile model.

Regular guys dont attack anybody, unless something have triggered an insane, psycotic anger.

I hope none of you guys never gets attacked by a "real" killer criminal. He will see right threw you, he will see in your eyes that you are not a violent man. And whatever you do, DO NOT, get into some stupid martial arts fighting position, you will just fuel his anger.
How cute! You assume that no one here has ever been in an actual confrontation!

This is the point where you start hedging your bets and developing a mystical hyper uber caveman vampire monster criminal murder death- machine so that you can say " see, you never actually face a REAL criminal!!!"

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You don't actually have a clue what you're talking about do you?

I think conflicts involving Freddy Krueger are not nearly as common in the real world as they apparently are in your fantasy world.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, let's leave off the the personal attacks, OK? I'm seeing some very interesting discussion in this thread -- but it's starting to get lost in some personality clashes. Try to remember that text communication like posts ends up losing a lot of the non-verbal indicators that we rely on to smooth face-to-face interaction.

As a reminder, this was placed a few posts back.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Like I said...you don't know me very well.... ever deal with a bleeding heroin addict coming at you....or a mental health patient....or a pro-wrestler....after you have then maybe we will have something to talk about... and I'm nothing compared to some on this site.

Do you actually train anything?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then we come to the striking issue: if I am unable to throw or lock my opponent for whatever reason, my strikes have significantly less force than that of a larger person. While it comes down to vital targets, I would take a wrecking ball over a hammer. Oh, and I don't have muscle/fat to help protect me.

It might be that you are not getting the right training to optimally generate power in your strikes. There are better ways, and not so good ways to strike. Not all training is the same. So you might want to take a look at your training and decide if you really understand how to develop maximum power. If not, talk to your instructors. If the answer you get is simply, "you need to get stronger", then the instruction you are getting is not very good.

Food for thought.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I guess the answer to the whole thread is Troll attacks work for sure. Everybody is just sitting around waiting to see how the show turns out. Please close this thread.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well I guess the answer to the whole thread is Troll attacks work for sure. Everybody is just sitting around waiting to see how the show turns out. Please close this thread.
Oh no! Don't close the thread! I've only just found it and it looks like so much fun. :)

I reckon this has the potential to go the full 100 pages from what I've read so far.
:lfao:

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well as Kofu seems to be the underweight man this could go on forever.:lool: