Your Favorite Kick

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm a Tang Soo Do/Karate guy, so we don't kick as much... but at 6'7" I kick a whole bunch....

My favorite personal kick is a front leg round kick followed by jump spin hook kick

OP
Kwanjang

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm a Tang Soo Do/Karate guy, so we don't kick as much... but at 6'7" I kick a whole bunch....

My favorite personal kick is a front leg round kick followed by jump spin hook kick

Indeed a great combo

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Vertical kick, either direction (inside to out or outside to in); crescent kick/side kick consecutive.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Show off! ;)

HMMMMMMMMM personal fav?

been getting rusty...

Twist Kick is a fav of mine, it confuses people, especially newbies(comes in like a front kick, but kinda twists off to the side...when round house gets you to strike out)

Front/round is a classic combo...

Spin side kicks are just soooo elegant.....

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Fave? Probably the front kick or leading leg side kick, but every kick has its application, strengths and weaknesses.

Daniel

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Obviously you have not seen MY spin side kicks. Ever seen a badly coordinated elephant doing a pirouette?

All while hinting on the devastating power it promisses to unleash?

Definetly elegant!

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
A powerlfull side kick to the rib cage or a powerfull spining back kick to the rib cage, that's all.

Manny

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A powerlfull side kick to the rib cage or a powerfull spining back kick to the rib cage, that's all.

Manny

Sounds like a Joe Lewis man! Lewis broke many a rib with those kicks.

Deaf

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a Joe Lewis man! Lewis broke many a rib with those kicks.

Deaf

Yes Mr.Smith as you said it Joe Lewis was a hell of a fighter, I have to admit it, even my hero was Chuck Norris I have to say that Mike Stone was very good and Lewis was a very toght fighter.

I'm not a young man any more and even I would love to knock out people with a flashy spining hook kick or even a hook kick ala Bill Wallace I know my limits and a good side kick to the mid section of the body can be powerful too.

Manny

Kwan Jang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I like doing my lead leg kicks ala Wallace using the side as the clearing kick and depending on the angle the opponent moved, I would follow up with the hook or lead round from the same chamber. I had one KO off the round and 14 off the hook with this method. I usually throw my rear leg kicks more like a muay thai practitioner (of course I've been doing MT since 1980, so go figure) except that I add in the back kick quite a bit to my rear leg kicks when I can set it up.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jump spinning roundhouse. My favorite because 1) they dont see it coming if set up correctly. 2)You can change the direction of the kick to head or mid level while in air. 3) Its a match ender.

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My favorites are..

1. Spin Hook
2. Jump Spin Hook
3. Jump Spin Side

Latest Discussions