What Martial Arts Book are you reading now

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just finished George Dillmans Pressure Point Control Tactics..Starting on the Gracie Way..

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've got Dillman's Dim Mak tape, very interesting.. :asian:

M

majlee95

Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee. Not actually reading it front to back, but rather skimming through since it was just a compilation of his notes and piecework for the book he was working on. Actually, this is the fifth time I've went through the book just for reference, and to see if I can draw yet another meaning from the book's tidbits of practical advice and philosophy as my training progresses.

J

jjmcc

Dead or Alive by Geoff Thompson this book is highly recommended.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Re-reading Mark Wiley's "Arnis: Reflections on the History and Development of the Filipino Martial Arts"

Cthulhu

A

Andy Cap

At this very moment I am reading "The Making Of a Martial Artist", by Dr. Sang Kyu Shim. It is a brilliant book. more of a philosophical approach. It does not address techniques, but the actual martial artists and their progression and development.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Filipino Martial Culture by Mark Wiley

Great history section, but the interview/bios of the masters are somewhat lacking. Several feel like a regurgitated promo sheet for the different instructors.

Lamont

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am currently reading The Way of the Ninja: Secret Techniques by Hatsumi Masaaki.

Next on my list is Secret Tactics by Tabata Kazumi, and Budo Secrets by John Stevens.

I am in a very secretive mood right now. ;)

RyuKyuBushi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
" The Secret Royal Martial Arts Of Ryukyu" By Matsuo Kanenori Sakon, Translated by Joe Swift

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Classical Kata of Okinawan Karate by Patrick McCarthy - Great history about the practitioners and the katas.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Shotokans Secret by Bruce Clayton. There are many eye opening common sense "isms" that will really get you rethinking your history

Kenpo Jutsu A pre 1900 Art By Ken Melbourne- Made up art with little or nor no connection to pre 1900 arts!

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Journey to the West.. Not a MA book really but a great Chinese classic. Our school practices Monkey King staff, when I found out the origin of the Monkey King I had to run out and get the book.

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have not read any martial arts books latey since I moved for college all most ever ma book i left at my parents home but I am looking for one now so if you guys and girls see any on sport karate plese let me know cause I am starting to focus more on that

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am re-reading all of Ed Parker's Infinite Insights books.
I aslo just finished "The Journey"