What do you think about this promotional video [Krav Maga]?

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you think about this promotional video [Krav Maga]?

Any thoughts?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Better than average.

Because it is basically boxing.

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
sure this is a krav maga commercial? boxing mixed up with slapping (didn't look like palm striking)?
most krav maga videos focus on less sport (gloves, superman punches etc.) but on weapons-disarming, throatgrab-, hairpull-, etc.-defenses, groin kicking and the like.

OP
marques

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sure this is a krav maga commercial? boxing mixed up with slapping (didn't look like palm striking)?
most krav maga videos focus on less sport (gloves, superman punches etc.) but on weapons-disarming, throatgrab-, hairpull-, etc.-defenses, groin kicking and the like.
Sure it is (selled as) Krav Maga.
I know these guys and the only things they sell is Krav Maga and ACT (Armed Combat Training). For sure, it is not the second option. :)

Where are the Krav Maga guys?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I could only watch a minute of this, for some reason it was making me dizzy. From what I can tell I wouldn't learn defense from them. Putting both of your hands in front of your face to guard is just begging for a hook to come in on the side and knock you out. It didn't look like the Krav Maga that I've seen out there who would have utilized some parries and redirects.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh...
Putting both hands that high and close together over your face is just asking to get a rib bent backwards. People do kick...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Marques, you know said you know these guys, are they any good? Good fighters? Can't tell squat from that.

Why would they move around not trying to hit each other, then turn into a slow mo ad?

Made me a little dizzy, too.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm just going to ask who throws punches with both legs in the air? How does that work?

OP
marques

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marques, you know said you know these guys, are they any good? Good fighters? Can't tell squat from that.
Why would they move around not trying to hit each other, then turn into a slow mo ad?
Made me a little dizzy, too.

I am avoiding to reveal my position to do not influence yours. My point was to check if my opinion is biased or coherent with other experienced people.
I can tell you that one of these 2 guys is the President and Technical Director of this quite big organisation. So here is shown, potentially, the best. We could claim we don't know what they want to show here. But they say: "Power and Precision".
PS: They also do the other things expected from Krav Maga. But since I am more comfortable in this field (sparring/self-defence) I am more confident to evaluate this area.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kind of difficult to opine on a slo-mo, non hitting vid. I'm going to go with "I dunno' " :)

OP
marques

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To sum up:

- It looks like boxing/MMA
- Makes feel dizzy
- Too early (and weak) defence (predicting attacks?)
- Attacks out of range
- Very questionable power of punches with both legs in the air (and very questionable effecacy since it is very telegraphic and done in two steps)
- And slow motion difficult the observation (was it the goal?)

Any good things (besides it looks like boxing)?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To sum up:

- It looks like boxing/MMA
- Makes feel dizzy
- Too early (and weak) defence (predicting attacks?)
- Attacks out of range
- Very questionable power of punches with both legs in the air (and very questionable effecacy since it is very telegraphic and done in two steps)
- And slow motion difficult the observation (was it the goal?)

Any good things (besides it looks like boxing)?
Nope.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Any thoughts?
To put both arms up to cover your head as your 1st move is too conservative. When you do that, you show no threaten to your opponent. That won't be to your advantage. It's better to fight in your opponent's territory by forcing your opponent to guard his head from your punches than to guard your head and fight in your own territory.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have no issue with boxing or mma being a core for a krav system.

And while there is an over use of the Superman. It does knock dudes out.

I also hunted down some of their videos. And they have proper resisted drills. (ones you can actually fail at)

Do all in all i dont have a massive issue.

(sort of)

In one of their vids they get too flash with tjeir defence. Which is in general not really needed.

OP
marques

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marques, you know said you know these guys, are they any good? .
Ok, this discussion is death so... My opinion is:

They are trying but they don't have a clue about (unarmed) fighting. And it is normal.
The ridiculous is they believe they are the only that can teach Chuck Norris about Krav Maga, martial arts, fighting and so on. (No one can.)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, this discussion is death so... My opinion is:

They are trying but they don't have a clue about (unarmed) fighting. And it is normal.
The ridiculous is they believe they are the only that can teach Chuck Norris about Krav Maga, martial arts, fighting and so on. (No one can.)
I was just being nice because I thought they were friends of yours. :)

D

Dylan9d

According to my old Krav instructor Krav Maga has nothing to do with precision, it has to do with gross motor skills and keep it as simple as possible so I don't know why they promote precision..

Latest Discussions