What Belt Are You?

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's interesting, you wear a belt when training on your own? Does anyone else do this?

Please don't mistake this observation as judgement, I have just never considered wearing my belt when training on my own. IMO, the belt is there to signal rank in class...if I am by myself, what's the point? Just looking for another point of view.

Yes. No offence taken. It is kind of corny but; I've been to so many different TKD schools and to a few other MA schools. It's hard to tell what rank I really am. I've achieved different ranks in each school. Red, Blue, Brown, White. I've sparred with different BBs. Some I found surprisingly slow and clumsey. Others have been wicked good. I've helped BB remember moves of forms while they are instructing. I'm not officially a BB though. So I've held on to my original White belt and I wear it outside of class while I train. All a BB is is a dirty White belt. Just my little way of tracking my progress privately. It might sound corny but I know my BB wont be well payed for.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Most WMA don't use belts, but I have Scholar status in German Longsword and Italian Rapier. That means Intermediate, I guess. :)

-Mark

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been known to wear a belt when I train on my own on occasion. I've done it when I've gotten a new belt & want to "break it in" a bit. I also have worn a full uniform while practicing forms in front of a mirror before my test. It helped with visualizing my best techniques.

I don't do it while practicing in a park or open area.

Latest Discussions