USAT and the special promotion

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am a Com. Just got off the phone with GM Choi. He is still waiting to here for KKW. He thinks they should be sending the confirmed list soon.

tkdarch1

White Belt
Reaction score
USAT CEO said today that he will be receiving the list directly and that the USAT will be notifying folks, NOT GM Choi. 9 weeks and still waiting....

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
9:39 p.m. just got off the phone with kukkiwon. They said they have had the results for two months now! But because of problems between USAT and kukkiwon they are holding the results ( check my earlier posts, I hate to say I told you) Now they say it will be yet another week! I can't tell you how pissed off all of this has made me.......

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Did they say what the problem was between KKW and USAT? I thought the only major issue was USAT's Dan Certification program, which they stopped.

KGTKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What is really sad is that one of my students just asked whether we were embarrassed to say whether or not we passed. I told him, "No, really, we STILL don't know!" 11:05pm, Kukkiwon site doesn't show any changes yet.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That must be incredibly frustrating!

I hope you get the news soon :(

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that folks have been too busy to post, but I'm curious.

Any news?

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
My impression from the earlier post was another week. My curiosity is more about the Kukkiwon having the results and the issues with USAT. Very interesting.....

Dave O.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How THAT gets resolved will (I'd bet) have to do with $$ & closed door meetings in seedy (sp?) places.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There is a post on the USAT website. Says that the kukkiwon is still processing the test results.... (sure they are! pay no attention to the man behind the screen)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
There may be something going on behind the scenes here.

The last KKW poom that I processed went extremely quickly-young man takes his test on Saturday 12/13/08. I mailed the packet to KKW on Monday, 12/15/08, and his results were posted on KKW website on 1/5/09. I don't recall the actual date when we got the certificate, but I believe it was before the end of 01/09. His CDK certificate was processed even faster.

Am waiting with curiosity to see what happens-this mass test was historic in many ways...

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
"There may be something going on behind the scenes here."

An ealier post said they heard the test was wrapped up a long time ago. Ther is something going on. I did notice that USAT changed its DAN page to eliminate its ranking and show that its an extension or connection to the Kukkiwon.

Dave O.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"There may be something going on behind the scenes here."

An ealier post said they heard the test was wrapped up a long time ago. Ther is something going on. I did notice that USAT changed its DAN page to eliminate its ranking and show that its an extension or connection to the Kukkiwon.

Dave O.
I have heard that supposedly these results were going to be given privately now.

KGTKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I spoke to David Askinas on Saturday and he said they hadn't received the results as of yet. He seemed pretty frustrated about the whole thing.

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Maybe they think if they just don't say anything, we will forget the whole thing ever happened...

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmmmm. even the blurb apologizing for the delay is now gone. The one that said check back next week (on the 20th).

Dave O.

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I got a response to an email I sent yesterday from Mr. Askinas this morning... we are waiting and should hear something back this week. We should start a pool going for how long it takes them to release the results. My money is on sometime in July... an even 6 months sounds about right

tkdarch1

White Belt
Reaction score
USA Taekwondo May 05, 2009
May 5, 2009 - USA Taekwondo has been informed by Kukkiwon that the test results and certificates will be shipped from Korea this week. There is some misinformation and rumor being circulated that Kukkiwon had not been paid for the tests. This is absolutely false as Kukkiwon were paid in advance of the testing. Some minor financial adjustments were made in the month following the test. We apologize for the delay and are equally frustrated by the process. We hope to have certificates to you soon.

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
USA Taekwondo May 05, 2009
May 5, 2009 - USA Taekwondo has been informed by Kukkiwon that the test results and certificates will be shipped from Korea this week. There is some misinformation and rumor being circulated that Kukkiwon had not been paid for the tests. This is absolutely false as Kukkiwon were paid in advance of the testing. Some minor financial adjustments were made in the month following the test. We apologize for the delay and are equally frustrated by the process. We hope to have certificates to you soon.

Translation: We may or may not have or receive the results of your test sometime in the near or not so near future and may possibly be getting them to you in a not so timely fashion.

Latest Discussions