This just in

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok here is the converstation as it went.

Mr Stoker we hear you have a complaint against one of our Sunday school teacher,

Not really a concern

And what would that concern be

Well a week ago she ask my son about his jacket and that Dragons and MA was a mean of the Devil

OK so what is it that worry's you Sir

Wellas most of the Church knows I run a MA school and the Name is Twin Dragons and we attend this church for ever my son's where Baptist here and no problems

Yes but the school teacher is kinda right MA and Dragons could lead childern down the wrong path

Yes if you say so, but what about everything thing else in this world could that not do the same thing

Well I suppose it could

Can I ask her a staight forward question

Yes you may

what brought this up hei jacket

Yes

and why

the other kids where making comments about how cool it was and I wanted them to know that it was'nt

what gives you the right to pass judgement on my son jacket

The church

where did they give you the right

the Deacon steps in know and says Mr Stoker and his family has been loyal members to this church and this is just wrong

Father Joe step in and says the same thing

I feel great about now and then the woman apologies and said she was out of line and if I could forgive her and of course I said YES and could you forgive me for putting you in this stituation and she said yes

So I believe we made headway and all is good.

All in all a great converstation and a nice end to a bad week

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's amazing what happens when we confront problems face to face with witnesses. Sounds like things when really well. I am so glad Terry. Issues like this can split a church.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's amazing what happens when we confront problems face to face with witnesses. Sounds like things when really well. I am so glad Terry. Issues like this can split a church.

Yes it was a fine day

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds great Terry... glad it went that way. We were all hoping for a good outcome... and it sounds as though you were completely vindicated. That's especially important for your daughter.

And if anyone, anywhere, hassles you about dragons again, just tell 'em that the symbol of the best chapel singers in Europe, the Welsh, whose national day is Saint David's day, have a red dragon on their flag!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds great Terry... glad it went that way. We were all hoping for a good outcome... and it sounds as though you were completely vindicated. That's especially important for your daughter.

And if anyone, anywhere, hassles you about dragons again, just tell 'em that the symbol of the best chapel singers in Europe, the Welsh, whose national day is Saint David's day, have a red dragon on their flag!

I will do that and by the way my doughter is a son.
icon7.gif
icon10.gif
:asian:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm glad that things have turned out well on this issue, Terry. I can imagine how stressful this must have been for your family. This was never about religion: it was about how one teaches children. The way we teach our children (beit about religion or MA) is as important as WHAT we teach them. I hope the teacher & your kids can start over.

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Great job Terry, also great way to teach everyone from your son, the leaders in your church, and the us here on MT how to maturely handle a tough situation, thanks.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's been a while since I checked out this thread, but I did want to respond to this. I'm supposed to respect obviously wrong and downright silly beliefs even?

Jeff

You can respect what you wish to but this thread is basically about what you say to children. You don't have to respect the faith but you do not bully a child because you happen to believe differently. As someone said this was never about religion it was about what you say to children. You do have to respect a child's right not to be bullied. I also find it hard to work out why something is 'obviously wrong' and what may be a 'silly belief'. if someone wants to believe a tree is a god for example that's fine by me as long as they respect others human rights and don't try to convert me. Who knows perhaps it may turn out they are right, I don't personally think so but if it's makes them good people why worry? I don't worry that other people may be on the wrong path because they are on a different one to me. My rabbi said that religions are like petrol (gas) many different brands but they all do the same job. Live and let live.

Latest Discussions