The Last Person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This busted up body is going to bed! Everyone have fun on the Dark Lords thread.
icon10.gif

Gee... and I was complaining about having to write a response paper, with quotes, to 3 articles I had to read for grad school on Friday.

That's ALL you have to do for grad school??? When I went back for my MSW, I had to read over one hundred pages a week per class (I had two). The reading material was often dry and boring. And I usually had to write three ten-page (minimum) papers during the course of the semester, in lieu of exams. And I had a 16-hour a week internship that could NOT be related to my current job. Did I mention that I was only a part-time student?

That's ALL you have to do for grad school??? When I went back for my MSW, I had to read over one hundred pages a week per class (I had two). The reading material was often dry and boring. And I usually had to write three ten-page (minimum) papers during the course of the semester, in lieu of exams. And I had a 16-hour a week internship that could NOT be related to my current job. Did I mention that I was only a part-time student?

Well, first, that's only one class - I'm taking two. Second, the papers are based on 3 articles totally about 50 pages, along with 4 chapters in the text, and response questions to a 4th article. Then there was the 150 pages I read for the other class... I had so much homework I actually paid someone to clean my house - and at the rate things are going, it might become more frequent.

Well, first, that's only one class - I'm taking two. Second, the papers are based on 3 articles totally about 50 pages, along with 4 chapters in the text, and response questions to a 4th article. Then there was the 150 pages I read for the other class... I had so much homework I actually paid someone to clean my house - and at the rate things are going, it might become more frequent.

Ugh...okay, that is an awful lot of work. At least you're looking at a nice pay increase after you complete your degree. Unfortunately for me, not even a Master's in social work gets much of a salary increase. Definitely can't be in it for the money...

Ugh...okay, that is an awful lot of work. At least you're looking at a nice pay increase after you complete your degree. Unfortunately for me, not even a Master's in social work gets much of a salary increase. Definitely can't be in it for the money...

I wish... but an Ed.S. is worth a whopping 3.5% of the base salary (that's the starting base, not the personal base) - that's about $950/year - less than $100/month.

I wish... but an Ed.S. is worth a whopping 3.5% of the base salary (that's the starting base, not the personal base) - that's about $950/year - less than $100/month.

WhooHoo! Over priced education pays out again! :D

Sorry Kacey, that seems so very very wrong

WhooHoo! Over priced education pays out again! :D

Sorry Kacey, that seems so very very wrong

It is wrong... there's a reason why so many good teachers either burn out and leave teaching, or just get a better paid job in another field; lots of businesses hire teachers as company trainers, because they know how to learn whatever the company wants taught, and how to pass it on to others.

goodnight...

I have just used my month's quota of philosophy with my "disturbing trend" thread...

I can be lazy the rest of the month!

Good Morning MT...What a busy day yesterday..No time to post...Hope all is well with the Dark Lords and Lordettes as well as the Ladies-Who-Seek-The-Light...Probably no time to post durning the AM hours today as they stuck me in a cruiser and saddled me with a useless partner...

Good Morning MT...What a busy day yesterday..No time to post...Hope all is well with the Dark Lords and Lordettes as well as the Ladies-Who-Seek-The-Light...Probably no time to post durning the AM hours today as they stuck me in a cruiser and saddled me with a useless partner...

Hey Drac,

Have fun working today! It will be hard for me to do some posting as well.
Take care.

Good morning Dark Lords and Lordettes as well as all the Ladys, Drac hopefully you will have a great day and Brian stop in when you can.
I'm busy as well doing nothing but training.
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back