CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ninjy Whompin' Action for the win!
icon14.gif

bribrius

Green Belt
Reaction score
your classes consist of instruction via mail order. And don't even include videos.

OP
Bester

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Wow. Biased much?

Yes, against crap and frauds and BS artists.

Ashida Kim is pretty much universally seen as a sham. He's a skinny white guy who the legit martial arts world sees as a joke. Real names Chris Hunter.

Rick Tew is a spammer who teaches people to play at being a go-go power ranger in their back yards. He's spammed this site with ads for his little 'ninjercamp', and there's even a locked archive here that's little more than a train wreck. Think a former mod was a student. He's banned for showing the quality of his training.

Frank Dux, fabricated so much who knows where reality is there. Again, locked area train wrecks and great debate topic.

Robert Bussey, another phony "AmericanNinja". See train wrecks for this one.

Soke Calkins. Go look at the number of threads on this clown in the great debate. Seriously.

Use Google or just search this site. You'll find so many locked threads on these clowns it'll amaze you.

Add to this: Dr. Ha Ha Lung, another pen name of Chris Hunter.

So yeah. I'm biased. Running through the woods waving a stick and playing worked when I was 5. 50 years later, I want something founded more in reality.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, against crap and frauds and BS artists.

Ashida Kim is pretty much universally seen as a sham. He's a skinny white guy who the legit martial arts world sees as a joke. Real names Chris Hunter.

Rick Tew is a spammer who teaches people to play at being a go-go power ranger in their back yards. He's spammed this site with ads for his little 'ninjercamp', and there's even a locked archive here that's little more than a train wreck. Think a former mod was a student. He's banned for showing the quality of his training.

Frank Dux, fabricated so much who knows where reality is there. Again, locked area train wrecks and great debate topic.

Robert Bussey, another phony "AmericanNinja". See train wrecks for this one.

Soke Calkins. Go look at the number of threads on this clown in the great debate. Seriously.

Use Google or just search this site. You'll find so many locked threads on these clowns it'll amaze you.

Add to this: Dr. Ha Ha Lung, another pen name of Chris Hunter.

So yeah. I'm biased. Running through the woods waving a stick and playing worked when I was 5. 50 years later, I want something founded more in reality.

Can't say anything one way or other about anyone other than Frank Dux. I know him pretty well. I've been training under him for about 2 years. Never in that time have we run through the woods playing with sticks. Won't get into whether or not he's fabricated anything, since people believe what they want, pro or con, with no regards to the validity of evidence. I've done my research, and I'm satisfied with the results of it. But I'd guess you've never actually seen what he does in person.

Unless you have. Then I'm all ears.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Also, I had heard Chris Hunter was a pen name as well, and his real name was Radford Davis.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, I had heard Chris Hunter was a pen name as well, and his real name was Radford Davis.
That's what I heard too. Also, Tew or someone representing him's been banned from here at least twice, maybe 3x for spamming. Email's were associated with his domains at any event. So, Tew's not a 'good internet neighbor' in my opinion.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can't say anything one way or other about anyone other than Frank Dux. I know him pretty well. I've been training under him for about 2 years. Never in that time have we run through the woods playing with sticks. Won't get into whether or not he's fabricated anything, since people believe what they want, pro or con, with no regards to the validity of evidence. I've done my research, and I'm satisfied with the results of it. But I'd guess you've never actually seen what he does in person.

Unless you have. Then I'm all ears.

I think the point here, Josh, is Franks claims (completely unsubstantiated) of anything to do with Ninjutsu, the fact that his stuff looks nothing like anything authentically Japanese, and so on. If you enjoy the training, that's one thing, but to claim it as Ninjutsu is a huge red flag to those of us that train in the real thing. Oh, and before you try saying that we can't disprove his claims, remember the sticky at the beginning of this forum for what is accepted as Ninjutst here (from the sticky "Newbies Posting on Ninjutsu, Please Read):

Newbies posting on Ninjutsu, Please Read
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, and welcome to MT! In order to cause as little confusion and to keep some of you from being mistaken as a troll, may I make a few suggestions?...

10) Ninjutsu is considered a traditional Japanese art here. As such, for us to consider it real ninjutsu, it must trace back to a verifiable or otherwise accepted legitimate Japanese source. Ashida Kim, HaHa Lung, Frank Dux, Rick Tew and Robert Bussey are not considered legitimate sources for authentic ninjutsu here. Neither are any of the "Soooper Sekeret" ninja clans who don't like to see their names in print, or that guy StormShadow from GI Joe.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Josh Dude, please don't derail this thread. It could be classic. Have you Never had a self proclaimed "ninja" show up to class? One who's obvious diet consisted of Double Stuff Oreo's, Jolt Cola and Cheeto's? Who watches the Heavy Metal, Afro Samurai, Blood Sport and reads Soldier of Fortune to prepare for the day when he will reveal his true Martial greatness to the world. He practices in his mom's basement and uses his dog as Uke.

lori

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think the point here, Josh, is Franks claims (completely unsubstantiated) of anything to do with Ninjutsu, the fact that his stuff looks nothing like anything authentically Japanese, and so on. If you enjoy the training, that's one thing, but to claim it as Ninjutsu is a huge red flag to those of us that train in the real thing. Oh, and before you try saying that we can't disprove his claims, remember the sticky at the beginning of this forum for what is accepted as Ninjutst here (from the sticky "Newbies Posting on Ninjutsu, Please Read):

Well, I guess there's no way to continue this discussion positively. I'll bow out.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Josh Dude, please don't derail this thread. It could be classic. Have you Never had a self proclaimed "ninja" show up to class? One who's obvious diet consisted of Double Stuff Oreo's, Jolt Cola and Cheeto's? Who watches the Heavy Metal, Afro Samurai, Blood Sport and reads Soldier of Fortune to prepare for the day when he will reveal his true Martial greatness to the world. He practices in his mom's basement and uses his dog as Uke.

lori

Um... no? That'd be a new experience. I DID have one come in claiming to be the head of Fox style of Kung fu, at 19, but that's another story.

Vulcan

Orange Belt
Reaction score

lori

That's not fair. Dogs make for great ukes. Especially in newaza randori (they are very willing to go into guard, especially if you scratch their belly).

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
These tripple XXXL ninja's can't lift their legs to any form of guard, " Ninja's don't 'do' guard ", too many cases of Sour Cream Rancheero Dorritoes. Some dogs do like to being Uke but being I'm talking about choking out your mom's poodle. And Josh, these guys Do exist, really. Alarming huh???

Lori

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
These tripple XXXL ninja's can't lift their legs to any form of guard, " Ninja's don't 'do' guard ", too many cases of Sour Cream Rancheero Dorritoes. Some dogs do like to being Uke but being I'm talking about choking out your mom's poodle. And Josh, these guys Do exist, really. Alarming huh???

Lori

Yes, very.

However (tangent)... I have a poodle puppy. anyone tries to choke her out, I'll shoot em. Or sick her dad, mom, and cousins on em. The standards are a LOT more agressive than you'd think. Especially in a pack.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, very.

However (tangent)... I have a poodle puppy. anyone tries to choke her out, I'll shoot em. Or sick her dad, mom, and cousins on em. The standards are a LOT more agressive than you'd think. Especially in a pack.

I have a poodle too, she is a mini. I have had to use Poodle-jitsui on her to get her nails clipped or get a glove back she has nabbed and is off to stash for later chewing pleasure. Wiggley little monsters aren`t they. :ultracool

Lori

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm... how about a red-nose pitbull or an Irish wolf-hound?

Hehehe.

The "XXXL dorito ninjas" are more than welcome to try...

:D