You Might Be a fluffy bunny ninja

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's ok. I've been dead before. I'm part Galifrayan on my uncles side.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey jumping into this a bit late I know but just wanted to say this rule is a little harsh... What about all us ninja-lings that have just started and don't have all the knowledge of you long timers? I've been corrected lots of times on things (including movie concepts like "A samurai never throws his sword as a matter of honor") and I'd like to think I'm not a fluffy bunny ninja.. :(

Or do you need to meet at least x amount of criteria for it to count?

If I may give you a tip: if you don't know, then don't make statements that may need to be corrected. Do some more research before you post to make sure, perhaps state your post as a question, or if you are really not sure, don't post. That is much better than stating things and then having to be corrected. In public. By your sensei :D (or someone else)
If you post something, people should feel they can put some stock by your words.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just take the whole thread as humor. Bits of truth, but humor.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I may give you a tip: if you don't know, then don't make statements that may need to be corrected. Do some more research before you post to make sure, perhaps state your post as a question, or if you are really not sure, don't post. That is much better than stating things and then having to be corrected. In public. By your sensei :D (or someone else)
If you post something, people should feel they can put some stock by your words.

I'm going to disagree. I once had a teacher that told me that Kihon Happo was Togakure Ryu. I'm guessing this goes back to the days of Early instructors calling everything Togakure ryu. Early on in my postings someone asked "what have you seen from Togakure Ryu" and I said "Well Kihon Happo is" and was Corrected.

Would I have been if I hadn't posted? Maybe... down the road someplace. But I think It's a good use of these forums to share that kind of information and to get corrected, AS LONG AS someone is willing to accept the truth when it's given to them. If you come on and go "well ninjItsu is just an acceptable misspelling" and everyone who is anyone corrects you and you go "lalalalalalalal" with your fingers in your ears, then yeah its a waste of time to make those kinds of posts and I agree with you.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm going to disagree. I once had a teacher that told me that Kihon Happo was Togakure Ryu. I'm guessing this goes back to the days of Early instructors calling everything Togakure ryu. Early on in my postings someone asked "what have you seen from Togakure Ryu" and I said "Well Kihon Happo is" and was Corrected.

Would I have been if I hadn't posted? Maybe... down the road someplace. But I think It's a good use of these forums to share that kind of information and to get corrected, AS LONG AS someone is willing to accept the truth when it's given to them. If you come on and go "well ninjItsu is just an acceptable misspelling" and everyone who is anyone corrects you and you go "lalalalalalalal" with your fingers in your ears, then yeah its a waste of time to make those kinds of posts and I agree with you.

That is different, because you -thought- you knew. Being misinformed isn't a sin.
But if you make statements as fact without actually having a reason to think you are right or knowing what you are talking about... then it's bad.

OP
Bester

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
the-pink-bunny-ninja-ninjas-demotivational-poster-1262761539.jpg

OP
Bester

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
* If you learned your ninja techniques by studying Youtube, and web chat boards, you might be a fluffy bunny ninja.

* If you've ever tested your ninja skills by sneaking onto a golf course at 3 in the morning, and assassinated the 7th hole, and your last name is not Hayes, you might be a fluffy bunny ninja.

* If while training you have hummed the Mortal Kombat theme, or roared "Total Annihilation" while sparring, you might be a fluffy bunny ninja.

You people think I'm kidding. I'm serious. Deadly serious. This is real serious stuff here. I'm serious. Stop laughing. Next time you walk through a door way you'll see how serious this stuff is. Some guy in a rabbit suit, swinging a BudK straight sword, skimming a copy of "Secrets of the Ninja" comes at you, you'll wish you'd been paying attentions to all this serious stuff. *Poof, I varnish!*

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While your 'varnishing', touch up the bar in the SM's lounge eh? :rofl:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Er, I think people got rather sick of RUP back in the day... besides, there are directions in the stickies to not post a link there.... no matter how funny it may be....

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, although it is possible, it is very hard to make a reference to RUP which is not annoying.
It is best left alone.

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh come on guys, would you really deny other people the experience? :D

Think back to when you first saw RUP, I know I laughed my tabi off, even though it was years ago. It is probably less annoying than many official dojo sites.

I did avoid leaving a direct link though, as surely Google isn't off limits.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's better than the kumori webpage. At least with RUP they are not trying to pretend they are anything but a joke.

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's better than the kumori webpage. At least with RUP they are not trying to pretend they are anything but a joke.

And no matter how long ago you last heard it, your brain can recall that tune instantly. Maybe we were being subliminally programmed to FO, as RUP used to put it! :D

nark0sys

White Belt
Reaction score
Yep. Days even. I was killed last thursday.

I always joke that no matter how far you run, what transport you take, let alone what freaking continent you happen to be on, if you piss off a ninja, he will be behind you.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
...if you think going out to the woods, covering yourself with leaves or running from tree to tree makes you a ninja. Same fella also said he was under house arrest, so I was a bit confused on how he made it out to the forest. I'm assuming his super-secret ninja skills helped him avoid his tracking anklet.

Latest Discussions