Shocking Secrets behind Martial Arts and Yoga!

rainesr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No, meditation isn't evil, its just not of a Christian tradition, is all.
Sean

There is actually quite a bit of meditation mentioned in the bible in both the new and old testement. Not sure why it is so unpopular in christianity though. You would think this guy would know this being as versed in the christian faith as he claims to be. Seems to mirror his knowlege of martial arts history given his supposed 50 years of experiance.

~Rob

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that is the last thing in the world he is worried about. LOL
Sean

I'm not so sure, people like him seem to spend a lot of time worrying about non Christians and how to get them to convert, far more time than is healthy.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
No Hindu, Budhist, Taoist, Shintoist, or Christian believes because of martial arts. Given this line of thought, we should also avoid fireworks, math, many types of food, the military, clocks, or medical care. Many of those did not originate in Christiandom or are heavily influenced by non Christian places. More ignorance and idiocy in a world that needs so much less of this them vs us mentality, but rather more of the inclusive mentality.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know....I train martial arts....and I trained yoga...and I turned out just fine

Evil_Grin_by_kata.jpg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, ever hear of the Crusades

I know about the Crusades, they practised killing Muslims by killing Jews first but actually I was thinking it was unhealthy for people to try converting others as trying to breathe through a broken nose isn't ideal. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I know about the Crusades, they practised killing Muslims by killing Jews first but actually I was thinking it was unhealthy for people to try converting others as trying to breathe through a broken nose isn't ideal. :D

I don’t know why your post made me think of this but….:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yoga studios are the new mcdojo. The idea that a25 year old who's done yoga for three or so years and gone through a teachers class is a yogi is silly.

There's about as much spirituality in the average yoga school as there its chi in a martial arts school.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yoga studios are the new mcdojo. The idea that a25 year old who's done yoga for three or so years and gone through a teachers class is a yogi is silly.

There's about as much spirituality in the average yoga school as there its chi in a martial arts school.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Officially had 2 different Yoga teachers, Kripalu Yoga, and Integral/iyengar Yoga. Unofficially had a 3rd Yoga teacher; Power Yoga and of the 3 I would have to say the only one that had any understanding of the spirituality of it was the Integral/iyengar Yoga teacher. However she had been at yoga for well over 10 years, trained in a few different styles and was a certified iyengar Yoga teacher, Integral Yoga teacher, and a Yoga therapist. The others were pretty much what you described...just a little older than 25. The Kripalu teacher was trying to be but he just did not quite have it and the Power yoga guy just didn't care. And to be completely honest I was not there for spirituality, I was there for flexibility and strength

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, meditation isn't evil, its just not of a Christian tradition, is all.
Sean
Not true; meditation is most certainly part of Christian tradition. The Rosary is just one example. Or Eucharistic Adoration.

That said -- the idea that martial arts (in general; there are a few exceptions) or yoga (with some mild reservations on some forms of yoga) have religious implications in and of themselves is as silly as suggesting that carpentry has a religious implication.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So,following this line of logic, if all martial arts descended from India, then dispersed through Asia, and are evil because the root is tainted(yes I'm paraphrasing), should many "Christian" activities be banished as well? Christmas, Easter, much of the story of Jesus, etc. can be found in earlier Pagan religions, and have been adopted into Christianity(ever hear the Huron carol at a Christmas pageant?)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol: I was going to get around to saying much the same thing Frank :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So,following this line of logic, if all martial arts descended from India, then dispersed through Asia, and are evil because the root is tainted(yes I'm paraphrasing), should many "Christian" activities be banished as well? Christmas, Easter, much of the story of Jesus, etc. can be found in earlier Pagan religions, and have been adopted into Christianity(ever hear the Huron carol at a Christmas pageant?)

:lol: I was going to get around to saying much the same thing Frank :)

You boys are EVIL!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
According to the Seventh Day Adventists, that's exactly what we should do.:)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do me a favor. Pop over to Kenponet.com and read the first paragraph of the latest thread topic. What religious friend of yours (or family member) would accept that suggestion?
Sean
Mmm! Seems there is more than one nutcase on the loose. :s193:

Latest Discussions