Shocking Secrets behind Martial Arts and Yoga!

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
http://www.secretsbehindmartialarts.com/

So I googled 'Martial Secrets' just to see what results came up for my own amusement, when this little gem popped up. Made me spit out my coffee. I'm not Christian, nor religious, but I am interested in cultivating my spirit. This website seems to be implying that pursuit of martial arts and yoga training is harmful to Christians and their beliefs. Are Martial Arts and Christianity mutually exclusive? What do you think?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.secretsbehindmartialarts.com/

So I googled 'Martial Secrets' just to see what results came up for my own amusement, when this little gem popped up. Made me spit out my coffee. I'm not Christian, nor religious, but I am interested in cultivating my spirit. This website seems to be implying that pursuit of martial arts and yoga training is harmful to Christians and their beliefs. Are Martial Arts and Christianity mutually exclusive? What do you think?
I think you should listen, before becoming too protective of your vehicle for eastern thought. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It would b funny if I had not heard instances of pastors telling their flock NOT to join a Dojang...Which was funny, considering the Instructor/Owner of our place was about as far from anything Asian spiritual as you could be, just a good kid from the sticks. Even the terminology was more English than Korean.

BUT: If it draws the flock away from the pulpit, it's bad.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
>Be Indian/Jamaican
>Be from Hindu family
>Get free Yoga anytime I want at Temple
> Practiced Karate
>Laugh at your inner conflicts

everything-went-better-than-expected-rage-face.jpg

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A delicious irony that these Christians recognise Chi in the martial arts (evil) and most martial artists deny the very existence of Chi. I'm definitely from the dark side!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A delicious irony that these Christians recognise Chi in the martial arts (evil) and most martial artists deny the very existence of Chi. I'm definitely from the dark side!
Its not the chi its self, but the attempt to teach you to think in those terms. This is what the whole tree of knowledge thing from the Bible is about. Its OK to learn from the Philistines, just don't become one in the process.
Sean

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score

So this guy seems to believe in the "all martial arts come from the Shaolin temple through Damo" myth. He claims that all martial arts come from yoga and therefore from Hinduism. And keeps bringing up Zen Buddhism as if all martial arts are Japanese. His "50 years" of experience in martial arts, pretty much just Shotokan karate it appears, just seems to have confused him more than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Its not the chi its self, but the attempt to teach you to think in those terms. This is what the whole tree of knowledge thing from the Bible is about. Its OK to learn from the Philistines, just don't become one in the process.
Sean

No actually according to this guy it is the chi itself. He claims it's "of the demonic realm".

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No actually according to this guy it is the chi itself. He claims it's "of the demonic realm".

What does he think the 'Holy Spirit/Ghost' looks like to non Christians?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some Christian believers do indeed think that there is an incompatability between martial arts and their religion. For them, they should not learn such arts because it will lead them into disagreement with their local shamanistic social-control-disseminator (aka priest/vicar/pastor et al). It's not that I think they are right to make such a decision but their lives will be less fraught if they do.

For non-brainwashed Christians (and other humans) there is no conflict and they should ignore the whole idea that there should be any type of incompatability between believing in a Creator Deity and learning how to kick, punch, block etc.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

So this guy seems to believe in the "all martial arts come from the Shaolin temple through Damo" myth. He claims that all martial arts come from yoga and therefore from Hinduism. And keeps bringing up Zen Buddhism as if all martial arts are Japanese. His "50 years" of experience in martial arts, pretty much just Shotokan karate it appears, just seems to have confused him more than anything else.
The guy is as nutty as the nuttiest fruit cake! Boxing, Wrestling, Krav, Capoeira, MMA, Pankration etc are nothing to do with yoga. And, even if the others came via India to Asia, so what? Meditation is evil? Yeah, right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The guy is as nutty as the nuttiest fruit cake! Boxing, Wrestling, Krav, Capoeira, MMA, Pankration etc are nothing to do with yoga. And, even if the others came via India to Asia, so what? Meditation is evil? Yeah, right.
No, meditation isn't evil, its just not of a Christian tradition, is all.
Sean

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do me a favor. Pop over to Kenponet.com and read the first paragraph of the latest thread topic. What religious friend of yours (or family member) would accept that suggestion?
Sean

Latest Discussions