Texas School Wants To Make It Easier To Spank

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...ier-spank-140324070--abc-news-topstories.html

ABC News' Mitchell Goulding reports:
Officials at a Texas high school plan to ask their board tonight to change a policy requiring that spanking punishments be administered only by employees of the same gender as the student to receive the punishment.That proposed request comes on the heels of outcry after a male vice principal in the district administered legal spanking punishments to female students.
Taylor Santos, a well-regarded student and athlete at Springtown High School, near Fort Worth, Texas, chose to be paddled as punishment for allowing another student to copy her homework. She opted for the paddling over a second day of suspension after having already served one day of a two-day suspension.
Her mother, Anna Jorgensen, agreed to the punishment as long as her daughter was OK with it, but was surprised the spanking was administered by a man, she told local ABC affiliate WFAA.
As far as Jorgensen knew, she said, school policy mandated that males spank males and females spank females.

IMO, its not the job of a school, to spank a child. The school system should be in place, to provide a solid education for kids. The environment should be safe. If discipline is needed, then detentions, suspensions, etc, can be given out. but I don't feel its the job of the principal to spank the kids.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the fact they put a two day suspension on letting a kid copy homework.
Paddling for that also seems excessive!

Seems like it's already easy enough to paddle, guess it's only proper to have a same gender teacher do it.

As to the merits of paddling?
Meh.
Sometimes it works like a charm, sometimes it doesn't.
However, in the cases it would work, many times the parents are not on board anyhow enforcing discipline.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Any school official putting a hand to my kids would have had a polite invitation to try it with someone their own size.

Latest Discussions