Requirements For Having Names

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK Great you get to claim that word, But it still means Christos in Greek, or anointed one, in English. :)

Erm, I said it meant anointed it Greek or to be precise rather I said in Greek Christopher meant bearer of the anointed, which it does. You can argue among yourselves who the anointed one is, there's plenty of them.

history of 'anointing' ANOINTING - JewishEncyclopedia.com

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We have a few Christophers in Australia who went bad.

Christopher Skase, failed businessman and fugitive who escaped to Majorca
Christopher Dale Flannery, known as "Mr-Rent-A-Kill", rapist and armed robber who shot an undercover policeman
Christopher Worrell, Truro Murders, late 1970s
Christopher Dean 'Badness' Binse, a cocky, God-loving career criminal and armed robber
Christopher James Arnold convicted paedophile

Not to mention a whole raft of politicians. :p

Oh, and some others who weren't quite so bad like my son Christopher and of course Christopher Parker, although obviously some might debate the later. ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My first name is Otto. I am of Italian ancestry. Otto means eight in Italian. My dad was born on the 18th of a month, in 88, the eighth one born in his family. He was given a longer Italian name based on the number 8, but when he came to the United States in 1909, people called him by the nickname Otto. I was named after his nickname.
Whenever I'm asked to pick a number, I pick 8. Especially if I play roulette. I'll just play it every spin. Sometimes it wins, most times it doesn't.

I suppose I should try to live up to the standards of all palindromes everywhere and walk around spouting "Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog!" But I don't, it just makes me hungry.

Like the 0 said to the 8, "Nice belt, dude."

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a few Christophers in Australia who went bad.

Christopher Skase, failed businessman and fugitive who escaped to Majorca
Christopher Dale Flannery, known as "Mr-Rent-A-Kill", rapist and armed robber who shot an undercover policeman
Christopher Worrell, Truro Murders, late 1970s
Christopher Dean 'Badness' Binse, a cocky, God-loving career criminal and armed robber
Christopher James Arnold convicted paedophile

Not to mention a whole raft of politicians. :p

Oh, and some others who weren't quite so bad like my son Christopher and of course Christopher Parker, although obviously some might debate the later. ;)

Indeed.

Chrisopher Wilder was the "Beauty Queen Killer," a serial killer of beautiful young women-he kidnapped, raped and muirdered 12 women in six weeks, back in 1984.

Christopher Peterson, "the shotgun killer," confessed to killing seven people in two months in Indiana, back in 1990..

Of course, it's a shame the PhotonGuy rule wasn't in effect at that time;it could have prevented all those deaths, by making those Christophers behave more like "bearers of the anointed." :lfao: :lfao: :lfao: :lfao:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I suppose I should try to live up to the standards of all palindromes everywhere and walk around spouting "Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog!" But I don't, it just makes me hungry.

Like the 0 said to the 8, "Nice belt, dude."
You need to be very careful. People will get you coming and going! ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed.

Chrisopher Wilder was the "Beauty Queen Killer," a serial killer of beautiful young women-he kidnapped, raped and muirdered 12 women in six weeks, back in 1984.

Christopher Peterson, "the shotgun killer," confessed to killing seven people in two months in Indiana, back in 1990..

Of course, it's a shame the PhotonGuy rule wasn't in effect at that time;it could have prevented all those deaths, by making those Christophers behave more like "bearers of the anointed." :lfao: :lfao: :lfao: :lfao:

Don't forget 'anointing' is still done today to British monarchs and we've had a few bad ones in the past so even anointing doesn't mean you are pouring oil on untroubled waters.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the final word on names, perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That`s right, keep digging and you`ll find a little something, or rather someone, we buried with that treasure :D
You can have all the little Messiahs you want, we got Dragons!

Fine, you can have the Dragons. Just bring some fresh tartare, wouldja please? The real stuff ;) I'll provide the mead.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That`s right, keep digging and you`ll find a little something, or rather someone, we buried with that treasure :D
You can have all the little Messiahs you want, we got Dragons!

ReDragons.jpg

That would make one hell of a tattoo!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You can have your dragons. You know that they are just pretend monsters. ;)
Now, if you want the real deal, you might check out the Australian Bunyip. Visitors here know to look out for drop bears but the bunyip is much more likely to take unsuspecting tourists. So serious are these attacks that the authorities suppress the reporting of attacks less it affects our tourist programme.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 186

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can have your dragons. You know that they are just pretend monsters. ;)
Now, if you want the real deal, you might check out the Australian Bunyip. Visitors here know to look out for drop bears but the bunyip is much more likely to take unsuspecting tourists. So serious are these attacks that the authorities suppress the reporting of attacks less it affects our tourist programme.

Just a cute little doggie. Take a look at the norwegian Draugen who will pull you to your watery doom.
(He even got a little brother who lives in the sewers and will pull you down the toilet when taking a dump)

Theodor_Kittelsen_-_Sj%C3%B8trollet%2C_1887_%28The_Sea_Troll%29.jpg

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just a cute little doggie. Take a look at the norwegian Draugen who will pull you to your watery doom.
(He even got a little brother who lives in the sewers and will pull you down the toilet when taking a dump)

Theodor_Kittelsen_-_Sj%C3%B8trollet%2C_1887_%28The_Sea_Troll%29.jpg
Yeah, we used to have those too but they really didn't stand a chance against ... Muldjewangk

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 200

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Piffle. As monsters go, those are nothing.

Nothing in the world. Nothing. Can compare to this monster...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions