Requirements For Having Names

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
There should be certain requirements for having certain names, actually I should use singular form not plural form in this case, there is a certain name that if anybody has the name they should have to meet the requirements for having the name. If they don't meet the requirements, if they don't meet the standards for the name than they shouldn't have it. If they do have this specific name than they should be required to meet certain standards, they should be required to act in a certain way and to conduct themselves appropriately if they've got the name.

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What do you mean exactly? That anyone named Alan should have to demonstrate a certain Alan-ness before He can claim to be an Alan?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There should be certain requirements for having certain names, actually I should use singular form not plural form in this case, there is a certain name that if anybody has the name they should have to meet the requirements for having the name. If they don't meet the requirements, if they don't meet the standards for the name than they shouldn't have it. If they do have this specific name than they should be required to meet certain standards, they should be required to act in a certain way and to conduct themselves appropriately if they've got the name.

So, My name is Richard Parsons. So I should not use the common nickname of Rich?

This post is confusing. I am not trying to be obtuse or insulting with my question and response here, yet can you clarify what the post is about?

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am nominating this for nutty post of the year along with samurai tiger cavalry and water walking trough chi.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you mean name change I've heard you can pay to change your name (i don't know about all places but some places seemingly expensive) don't know who to pay or how much but I think that's what you're referring to

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In that case I reckon there a a few people about who should change their name to Dick. While they are about it I suppose it wouldn't hurt to change their surname as well. 'Cranium' is the one that readily springs to mind. :)

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

On my phone, dude, so....pancake bunny. ..:lfao:

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In that case I reckon there a a few people about who should change their name to Dick. While they are about it I suppose it wouldn't hurt to change their surname as well. 'Cranium' is the one that readily springs to mind. :)

There was an Irish politician in the 80s/90s called Dick Spring. Thank God he didn't have to justify his name...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

attachment.php

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score

Not the look... When you do something stupid or lack of doing something or even say some stupid you get the look...

I know I've been given the look several times, usually my mom, sometimes my instructor, sometimes at work every once and a while with my friends (proudly i can say it's been atleast 8 months not making dumb decisions :D )

But you know what would be a funny name "what"
What's your name?
What
Your name?
What...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this may be the first two-hand facepalm-worthy thread ever....

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I've always wanted to change my name to Ben Dover.

When I worked at the nuke, I'd amuse myself during outages by having the contractor HP techs make various pages:

Ben Dover, Ben Dover, meet Phil McCrackin at the south loading well....

Aschio-Phil Aschio, please call Connie Lengus, she has your lunch.

:lfao:

OF course, when she caught on, she wouldn't do anymore of those pages-which was especially funny when she refused to page Harry Chestnuts.....

Harry was an I&C tech.....and a real nice guy, though his parents must have hated him, or something....:lfao: