Pick up lines.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not really :)

I don't look around for a girl. It just happens, never for a second did I ever think: "Damn, she's gonna be mine". I just flow along with what happens...

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
another weird one i heard

"How do you like your eggs? Fertilized?"

omg some people, like I said, are weird.

*facepalm*

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"Hello, my name is ???. I'm into long term, loving relationships, and I like to be changed."

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
(Trying hard to hold back giggles...)

Um, do you actually mean "likes to change", or "likes to be changed"...? Cause in different circles, the latter has, uh, connotations.... adult-size connotations... so you know...

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never used one. This works pretty well though.

Position yourself strategically and try not to act like a weirdo.
Conversation ensues.
???
Profit.

So what's your slashdot uid?
:)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My sister recently observed a man at a restaurant say, "You dropped your name tag" whilst handing a woman a packet of sugar.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My wife once got the line (way before she met me, honest!):

"I'd F*** you in a second"

Here response was: "A second? That's not very long. That sounds like a complete waste of my time!" and walked away...

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
a guy once said to me, "Do you do blow jobs?" This was a strange guy, now, who I never met in my life.

He never got away without having my beer dumped over his head.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to say that the most successful "Pickup line" I ever witnessed was used by a chap who was at university the same time as me.

It's not sophisticated, it's not clever (or is it?) and it most certainly is not decent.

His 'line' of choice? He'd go around the club/disco/event checking out the girls. Each one he liked the look of he would walk up to, bold as brass, and say "Fancy a ****?". {As the profanity filter will clearly censor that, it's the word for adult congress that begins with the letter "F"}.

He'd get his face slapped a few times (literally as well as figuratively) but within half an hour he'd be walking out with someone. Just goes to show, if you have the gall, you can obtain your goal.

Of course, those looking for more than just a little 'action' might concur with me that 'lines', especially ones like that, are not likely to be the source of anything longer term. Doesn't mean they can't be of course - I just wouldn't put money on it.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have to say that the most successful "Pickup line" I ever witnessed was used by a chap who was at university the same time as me.

It's not sophisticated, it's not clever (or is it?) and it most certainly is not decent.

His 'line' of choice? He'd go around the club/disco/event checking out the girls. Each one he liked the look of he would walk up to, bold as brass, and say "Fancy a ****?". {As the profanity filter will clearly censor that, it's the word for adult congress that begins with the letter "F"}.

He'd get his face slapped a few times (literally as well as figuratively) but within half an hour he'd be walking out with someone. Just goes to show, if you have the gall, you can obtain your goal.

Of course, those looking for more than just a little 'action' might concur with me that 'lines', especially ones like that, are not likely to be the source of anything longer term. Doesn't mean they can't be of course - I just wouldn't put money on it.

Yep, I had a friend who would do the same thing. He would start at one end of the bar and work his way down. He had a 10% success rate, so he made sure he always asked at least 11 women. :)

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep, I had a friend who would do the same thing. He would start at one end of the bar and work his way down. He had a 10% success rate, so he made sure he always asked at least 11 women. :)

It`s AMAZING that you said that. I was just going to write that one of my buddies back in the States used to do the same thing....and swore he had a 10% success rate with it. He said all you have to do is ask enough girls point blank, and 1 in 10 will say yes. He also said he got slapped occationally but that it was worth it.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
It`s AMAZING that you said that. I was just going to write that one of my buddies back in the States used to do the same thing....and swore he had a 10% success rate with it. He said all you have to do is ask enough girls point blank, and 1 in 10 will say yes. He also said he got slapped occationally but that it was worth it.

For women, the statistics are probably inverse.
If a women asked 10 men in a bar, she'd have a 10 % chance of getting a 'no'.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score

That reminds me of a favorite scene from a novel - Robert Anton Wilson's Schroedinger's Cat trilogy had a character who was a Little Person and could not get laid. He was very bitter about this and it consumed him. Finallly one day he took an est course and came out feeling completely psyched and empowered. He went to a nightclub and approached the first hot chick he saw ... "What would you say to a friendly little ****?"

She reached down and patted him on the head. "Hello, friendly little ****."

:banghead:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
That reminds me of a favorite scene from a novel - Robert Anton Wilson's Schroedinger's Cat trilogy had a character who was a Little Person and could not get laid. He was very bitter about this and it consumed him. Finallly one day he took an est course and came out feeling completely psyched and empowered. He went to a nightclub and approached the first hot chick he saw ... "What would you say to a friendly little ****?"

She reached down and patted him on the head. "Hello, friendly little ****."

:banghead:

Markoff Chaney! I love that guy! The trick with the hand-washing signs was great.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
When I first met my wife, I didn't like her. She's gorgeous, but I thought she was a tease.

So as an icebreaker at a party, she approached me and challenged me to describe myself in three sentences (something that she is embarrased about to this day).

My first two sentences were boring and not worth repeating here, but the third one:

#3: You couldn't keep up with me.

Caught her attention for the rest of the night.
The problem was that I really was trying to give her the brush-off, but she wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

Good thing for me! (We've been married 7 years).

Latest Discussions