People who abandon pets

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stopped by the pet food store tonight on the way home from work. The lady in front of me had a Schnauzer with her, cute dog. When she left, the cashier told me that the lady is a landlord; she found the dog in one of her houses; the people had moved out and left the dog locked in the house to die. Makes me sad and mad. It was lucky the landlady had found and rescued the dog.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have five cats, and they're all part of my family. If anyone tried to harm them, I'd do my best to put them in a wheelchair, and have them controlling it, with a straw!!

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't get it. We have three dogs, and they're part of the family.

We have two dogs and three cats. One of the cats was a stray, and the two dogs were brother and sister - they and the entire litter were found in a dumpster outside of a vet's office in Nashville, NC five years ago at Thanksgiving. Someone stopped by the vet's office, asked if they could give the dogs to the vet. The vet said no, so they threw them into the dumpster and drove away. People can be evil sometimes.

Molly & Milo by Wigwam Jones, on Flickr

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading stuff like this really pisses me off! Too bad we couldn't dump these *******s that leave the animals behind, somewhere. I mean really....first and foremost, if you can't properly care for an animal, then dont get one! If you run into some bad times, and honestly cant care for the animal, then bring it to a vet, a shelter, give it to someone who is capable of caring for it, but dont just dump it.

I rescued my dog. Not sure of the life that he had before, but his current one, is one of a king. :)

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
My kitty Princess outside this afternoon manicuring her little nails. :)

1zc1eea.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My third cat is a charity case. Found her in my laundry room last summer...if she was your run of the mill alley cat (pardon me, domestic short hair) I would have thought nothing of it - other than 'you dummy are 2 years too late, the house is full' but she is what appears to be a purebred Bengal cat...those beasties are expensive...

(on day 2 she had a name...you know how the rest of the story goes)

I see where money gets tight, but (hopefully) one wouldn't abandon a kid or the elderly....and pets are so much more depending on us. At least take them to the pound where they can be humanely put down. But starving?

Used to have a Beagle mutt...she was about 6 weeks old when she found us, a handful of dog, and half of it fleas...and since she was not able to climb the stairs to the porch were we found her, somebody must have put her there...(I miss that dog...the rose I planted in her memory is blooming today ^_^)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not understand this! :( It is beyond cruel! My pet was in a pound so we rescued him! He is truly one of a kind!

Attachments

• $Wolfenhauser.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 166

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
All three of my dogs were rescues. We've had Duke, a Great Dane mutt, for 14 years now. Unfortunately, he's nearing the end of his life now with cancer and failing kidneys. We found him at a humane society when he was about a year old. His owner was surprised that his GREAT DANE puppy got so big, jumping his 6 foot fences.

Our other two dogs are 7 years old. From the same litter, we found them on Petfinder.com. One's a Newfoundland mutt and the other is a Great Pyranees mutt. I'm pretty sure that, while their mom was obvilusly the same, I think they had two different dads. They're a motley bunch.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All 3 of our cats are rescues, one an abuse case. Our beardie was abandoned in a box with her siblings on the door of the pet store my wife works at. The staff divided they up as they couldn't sell them (not inventory). People who are cruel to animals are just bastards in my book. We're having a hell of a time finding an apartment because we have more than 2, but I'll take that challenge over not having em.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
attachment.php
Three of my kids. Pets are great, family for sure. Just ask them. :)

Attachments

• $045.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 189

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That one in the middle, you gotta take to the vet, his fur is coming out....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
This makes me very sad. I love my pets as though they are children. Even more so since we found out that having children may be quite close to impossible for us.

I would post pictures but I can't figure out how. :confused:

Everyone elses pics are fantastic :)
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Crnirdj%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5Cwinston.jpg
photo.php%3Efbid=422784149619&set=a.422783819619.201520.702819619&type=1
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Crnirdj%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5Cphoenix.jpg

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You either need a supporting membership to attach pics, or need to upload them to someplace like Flickr or Picasa and use the image linking to display them.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For the second time in a couple of years, someone abandoned a domestic cat near our place (we live out in the boonies).

She's a little sweetheart. After a day of starting to feed her she climbed up my jeans and tried to do the same up my shirt. That was painful! Took her to the vet and she only weighed 4 and 1/2 lbs. Not good for a year old cat. She was all skin and bones.

Now, a bit over a month later, she's healthy, has an appointment to be spayed, and weighs 8.25 lbs, ans is mostly getting along with our other cats and dog.

Unfortunately, the last time this happened, the cat ended up having contracted Feline AIDS. Had to have him put down, which was really sad. He was a beautiful cat and incredibly friendly.

If I ever found out who dumped these cats, they would be in a world of hurt.

Jeff

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My son and his wife have 4 dogs, 1 cat, and 2 kittens. 2 of the dogs are rescue dogs, 1 from the SPCA and the other was on the run when found with no collar or tags. The 2 kittens were found on their door step. There was a whole litter but only the 2 survived. Both have deformed front legs but after a few months of care and a trip to the vet, they are all one big happy family.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was an animal control officer for about a year when I first got out of the Army. I had to quit. If I had stayed, I probably would have ended up in jail for beating the crap out of some ******* who abused and/or neglected his animals(s).

It's a good indication on how they relate to people as well.

Jeff

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That one in the middle, you gotta take to the vet, his fur is coming out....

Methinks the one in the middle IS the "Vet" :D

vet.gif
You guy's are way too funny.
icon7.gif
The one in the middle is my son. The hair cut is a gift from the Army. Not only has he made me proud to be his dad for his commitment to country, but him and his wife are animal rescuers. They find mend and return to a proper home, when ever they find a need. The exception of course are the ones I mentioned in earlier posts. They kept those because of special needs, and they are now family.
icon7.gif

Latest Discussions