Mommy Sleeping

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right place for this, but I had to post this tragic story. If you are of the mind to, please remember this little girl in your thoughts.
It is from the Ludington Daily News dated Today Feb. 12, 2007.

Mommy was sleeping'

Whitehall woman found dead
Five-year-old daughter
found with her, crying
By PATTI KLEVORN
News Editor
WHITEHALL — Five-year-old Marissa Tietz was crying when police found her and her mother Tina Tietz’s body in the family’s Fruitland Township home Sunday afternoon.
“She told us that mommy was sleeping,” said Muskegon County Undersheriff Dean Roesler.

It appears Tietz died several days prior, and an autopsy is being performed today at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing to help determine the cause of death.
Police suspect a catastrophic medical situation, based on the scene — no obvious trauma or indication of foul play — and a friend’s recent conversation with Tina, who said she had been having severe headaches and earaches.
That friend went to check on Tietz Sunday afternoon, and found the door locked. Peering through a window the friend saw Tietz lying on the couch, the house a mess and the little girl crying; the friend then called police.
Police arrived about 3:15 p.m. — 10 to 15 minutes after the call — to find the situation as described. They forced the door to the home in the 5700 block of West Michillinda Road, Fruitland Township, open and found Tietz was “obviously deceased.”
“The house was a mess,” Roesler said. “There was food and cereal all over. The dog was tied up (indoors) and there was a lot of dog mess. There was a five-year-old girl in the house, crying, and very dirty.”
The girl was taken to the hospital and Child Protective Services was determining where she would be placed.
“It’s a very sad set of circumstances, with the little girl being there,” Roesler said.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... what can you say?? Horrible, horrible... that poor little kid...

:waah:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hope oyu all can excuse me this evening. I don't feel much like posting really. I turned on the computer in my bedroom and then went down the hall to tuck my 5 year old in bed, I always stay upstairs for a bit because he has a fear of being alone. This is the first thing I saw when I sat down. In the background Josh was saying "goodnight Daddy, I love you" several times like usual and this is breaking my heart tonight. I hope and pray there is family or close friends there for this little girl right now.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is more information on the little girl:

http://www.mlive.com/muchronicle/latest/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_mclive/archives/2007_02.html#236727

The little girl was taken first to a hospital to be checked and then was turned over to protective services workers from the Department of Human Services.

Relatives have since been located and as of late this afternoon, no information was available about where the child will be staying. She and her mother lived alone in the house. Another daughter stayed with Tina Tietz's ex-husband, police said.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hope oyu all can excuse me this evening. I don't feel much like posting really. I turned on the computer in my bedroom and then went down the hall to tuck my 5 year old in bed, I always stay upstairs for a bit because he has a fear of being alone. This is the first thing I saw when I sat down. In the background Josh was saying "goodnight Daddy, I love you" several times like usual and this is breaking my heart tonight. I hope and pray there is family or close friends there for this little girl right now.

Scott, I know exactly what you mean.

Kacey said:
That poor child... my heart aches for her.

Brian R. Van Cise said:
I hope that someone is there to comfort the little one and to take care of her needs.

All of the above. It's always the kids who suffer, isn't it...

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
that poor child, i hope nad pray that she finds a new loving home

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh lord. What do you say in this situation? I just hope the kid isn't scarred for life. Can you imagine what kind of impact staying with the dead body of your parent like that would have. Thank god it seems she could not realize what was going on.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is truly a sad situation! :( She will definitely need counseling. I hope family is able to take her in. A child should never have to deal with that sort of trauma.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I cannot put into words how much my breaks for that child.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Didn't something like this happened a while back. Another small child was left alone with the body of their mother lying on the floor and the child had to fend for itself (eating whatever she could reach) until neighbors or police found them? This has happened again?
Something is wrong here... makes you wonder how many times has this happened before. Even more so how could it happen?

Very tragic and horrible situation. My heart and prayers go out to the children.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Didn't something like this happened a while back. Another small child was left alone with the body of their mother lying on the floor and the child had to fend for itself (eating whatever she could reach) until neighbors or police found them?

Yes, I recall that too MAC.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Didn't something like this happened a while back. Another small child was left alone with the body of their mother lying on the floor and the child had to fend for itself (eating whatever she could reach) until neighbors or police found them? This has happened again?
Something is wrong here... makes you wonder how many times has this happened before. Even more so how could it happen?

Very tragic and horrible situation. My heart and prayers go out to the children.

I remember something about a military couple and base housing.