Medical care for pets

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the problem with a ball or any other non-digestible item it that it COULD create a blockage in his intestine and could be fatal if not removed. Now it is possible that the ball could sit in his stomach until he reaches the end of his life but its a chance.

I personally cry like a little kid when I have lost any of my beloved dogs; its amazing how attached I get to them and how badly I feel when they die.

Keep us posted as to what happened to the pooch.

Sable is doing really well - he had his stitches (staples, really) removed today. The vet said everything looked good (as the little idiot went running out of the exam room, headed for the parking lot), and to keep his activities moderately restricted for another week or so - the incision is closed, but not completely knit. Baring unforeseen complications (knock on wood) he should be just fine!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was at the vet's office one day for a checkup of some sort for Beowulf. This guy came in, carrying his cat in his arms, not even in a carrybox. The cat was very lethargic, seemed old, and just made this pitiful, weak cry over and over. I think the cat was dying, and the guy brought him in to be euthanized. As I walked out, I caught the guy's eye and gave him a questioning look. He just sort of shook his head slightly, and that was it. I found myself getting choked up on the way home. I guess I've got a very big weak spot for animals...

That's happened to me also... it's very hard to live with, sometimes. There's something about the vulnerability of animals which is incredibly poignant.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's happened to me also... it's very hard to live with, sometimes. There's something about the vulnerability of animals which is incredibly poignant.

We humans have created this situation where we have tamed and domesticated animals and made them completely dependent upon us. We have removed them from a natural, wild state, deadened much of their instincts, and they would often not survive, or not survive well, without us because of it. They really are vulnerable. We have an obligation, if we choose to become their caretaker, to do a good job and to show them compassion and be sensitive to their needs.