People Actually Fall For This??

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible. Wow. Just wow.

A Naperville man has been scammed out of $200,000 after wiring money overseas to an online girlfriend he didn’t realize was fake.

The 48-year-old male victim called Naperville police at about 7 p.m. Wednesday to ask for help rescuing the woman whom he believed had been kidnapped in London, according to Sgt. Gregg Bell of the Naperville Police Department.

Bell said the man was looking to call Scotland Yard in England to report the kidnapping, at which time, police officers had to explain he was scammed and the woman was fake.
Bell said the man had numerous e-mail or chat conversations with the woman he met through an online dating website. However, he had never met the woman in person.

Bell added the scam artist, at one time, proved her existence by sending over a Florida drivers license that was lifted right from the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles website as a sample license.

“You know those sample licenses online that say “Jane Doe” and have a picture,” Bell said. “The victim thought that was the woman.”
The victim told police, he had wired the $200,000 to several different bank accounts in Nigeria, Malaysia, England and the United States.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pam....is your way of telling me you're not sending me any money? :angel:

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When people want something to be true badly enough, they do a great job of ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He could have bought a dozen RealDolls and taken then all out for dinner with that kind of cash.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He could have bought a dozen RealDolls and taken then all out for dinner with that kind of cash.

ROFLMAO!!

for that kind of money he could have had himself a date with a real woman, professional, maybe, but real!

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pam....is your way of telling me you're not sending me any money? :angel:

Oh look! You are smarter than the average bear. ;)

I can't believe someone who actually has that kind of money to send is stupid enough to fall for it...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At least I know my little Ludmilla, working in a slave camp in Siberia is real. She sends me Bathing suit photos all the time. She has never answered a single direct question, but she says she is falling in love with me, and that is enough.:ultracool

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, Xue, but, your basic opinion is:
While an individual person may be intelligent, people as a whole are remarkably stupid.
Is that it?

Latest Discussions