Grisly islamist attack in Britain...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was just breaking while I was at work...

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/...headed-by-two-men-in-attack-on-london-street/

Fred Oyat, who saw the incident from the window of his flat, tells Josie Ensor that two black or Middle Eastern men were wondering around the street, walking over the dead body on the floor:
“The two men were shouting,” he says. “They had three knives including a machete and a meat cleaver as well as an old gun.
“The white man was already dead on the floor, his fade covered in blood. He had a big neck wound and his neck was almost off.”
“They seemed to be encouraging people to take photos and waited there until police arrived as if they wanted a fight.

The attackers wanted people to take photos of the victim. The photos taken were within 20 feet of the attackers and they made no move to hide their identity.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw some footage of this I don't understand how nobody tried to stop them

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
wielding a meat cleaver? Gurkhas are not everywhere.

But I do find it rather ironic: perpetrating an attack in Britain, demanding the victim to leave us alone, leave our country....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
wielding a meat cleaver? Gurkhas are not everywhere.
Don't need to be a Gurkha to say damn thats messed up when he turns his back to stab the victim im going to start kicking him in the head as many times as i can and hope others help me. We dont need to be police or military to take a stand.

But I do find it rather ironic: perpetrating an attack in Britain, demanding the victim to leave us alone, leave our country....
You can't find logic in an event like this

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Responses I'm seeing on facebook. Read in a bored monotone.

- Look, the evil nasty must be destroyed muslims are at it again. they are animals. kill them all.
- If only they had guns someone could have shot them.
- Did I mention, muslims are animals, religion of peace my ***, kill them all.
- maybe they should make knives illegal
- muslims are bad.
- guns, muslims, blood, potage.
- animals kill soldier, get free healthcare after being shot by police. how is that fair.

My condolences to the soldier killed, his friends and family.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the latest report from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

My guess why no one tried to help the poor fellow is that there was no time, Ballen. The murderers ran him down with their car by all accounts. I would guess people were stalled in that shocked 'window' of inactivity that most of us go into when unexpected and violent things happen. By the time they came out of it, the chap was already dead and the 'please utterly destroy our county' nutters were posturing.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can't find logic in an event like this

And yet the media and "experts" will try. They seem unable to comprehend that senseless acts be definition make no sense!

Truly disheartening on so many levels.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is the latest report from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

My guess why no one tried to help the poor fellow is that there was no time, Ballen. The murderers ran him down with their car by all accounts. I would guess people were stalled in that shocked 'window' of inactivity that most of us go into when unexpected and violent things happen. By the time they came out of it, the chap was already dead and the 'please utterly destroy our county' nutters were posturing.
Makes more sense. The story I saw looked like the guys where just walking around talking to people then would go stab the victim get up go I get interviewed again by someone with a cell phone walk around again talk some more go stab him again ect ect.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hard to believe there are people like that in our communities and we don't even know until they do something like this.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just think it a shame that the police didn't shoot with greater accuracy.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Along with the machete and cleaver I'm seeing some reports that one of the men had "an old revolver". Have the police made any statements about that? I'm wondering just how hard it would be to get a pistol in the UK if you were planning a crime like this. I know it's not too tough in the US, but would a UK thug have to be connected to some group, or would he just have to ask around?

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, the report was that one of them had a pistol, but it was stated in every report I have seen that it was a rusty pistol and when he fired on the Police it supposedly jammed, back fired and blew the man's thumb off. But yes, I do agree that in the UK it can be more than difficult to get hold of any type of firearm.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not wishing to be contradictory of Mauthos's words but, whilst it might be a trial to get a firearm legitimately in this country, as this article from the Guardian illustrates, it is still quite easy to get one if you don't care about the legal niceties.

To me that means, oddly enough, that given the poor quality of firearm they had, the religious extremists who committed a futile murder on the streets of London, probably don't move in 'criminal' circles.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This recent incident is blowback from foreign policy. Sadly, there is no end in sight without changing the policy.

I do wish you wouldn't use that term so freely, Maka. Everything any country does in it's interactions with other countries has consequences but, to me, at least, using a word like 'blowback' implies that anything that happens to we ordinary folk, as a consequence of our governments choices, is our own fault. That is not an acceptable couching of the circumstances for me and gives a false legitimacy to the actions of terrorists. For they are seeking to advance an agenda distinctly hostile to any that would be held by a more moderate and freer thinking person.

Latest Discussions