Moving on up

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I found out tonight officially that I passed

Wow, 3rd gup, sheesh...what a journey. I see another man almost my age in the class who is several belts back and I realize how far I've xome (sometimes it's hard to see the progress day to day until you can look back over a few months or longer to compare), but I see another man in our class about my age who is a black belt and I realize I *still* have a long way to go!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a worthwhile trip!

Again, (officially) Congratulations! :)

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
sometimes it's hard to see the progress day to day until you can look back over a few months or longer to compare

That is very true. I actually took a leave of absence for a few months back in 1989. I had achieved brown belt but felt I wasn't where I should be.

My sensei tried to encourage me but, of course, self-worth has to come from within. It took a bit of distance from my training to realize how far I had really come.

I'm glad you didn't have to go to such extremes to realize the same truth. Congratulations on your recent achievement!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fearless it is always the case, time will tell if everything is coming together. You just keep on trucking sir and the rest is nothing.
Terry

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had Chinese food today and received 2 fortune cookies (1 stolen from my buddy).

The first fortune read, "Keep on keeping on!".

The second fortune read, "The rubber bands are heading in the right direction."

My initial thought was "Hmm, doesn't sound like a traditional fortune cookie verse."

My second thought was "Somewhere a fortune cookie fortune writer is smoking crack."

Still, both of these fortunes seem quite applicable to your continuing direction, Freep. So here; have a couple of fortune cookies, buddy! :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My teacher recommends videotaping yourself from time to time and never watching it until a few years down the road. That's a good way to see how you've progressed.

Congratulations, FF!!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Jay!

Like TW's dojang, a 3rd guep is a high blue in my dojang.

It is really a good time to evaluate where you are and where you hope to be because in general, your next rank, red belt, is the turning point from intermediate to advanced.

Keep on kicking!

Miles

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know if I have the power to do this, but if I do...

LIGHNING DUCK JUST BECAME HIS NEW NICKNAME!

MwaaahHAHAHAHAHAHA

tadadadadada!!! quack!

Apparently my kids remembered this story this year

duck1.jpg

Latest Discussions