Moving on up

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just passed my test for blue belt.

Wow, every time I move up a rank I feel "OK, time to get more serious" like the rank means that more is expected of me and that I should be better. I know my instructor would not have me test if I was not ready, but...still seems to me I have an awful lot to learn

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations, FF! Welcome to higher color ranks where you start to sweat about how good you are.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Just passed my test for blue belt.

Wow, every time I move up a rank I feel "OK, time to get more serious" like the rank means that more is expected of me and that I should be better. I know my instructor would not have me test if I was not ready, but...still seems to me I have an awful lot to learn

Hey! Congratulations! I feel the same way. Every milestone just makes you want more. Good for you! We ALL have alot more to learn. Ain't that the fun of it though? Keep up the excellent work!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! :partyon:

Keep up the good work & remember that this is just one step, & that there are a lot more steps to go...

:asian:

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many congratulations, Freep! I watched several Blue Belt tests while I was in TKD. I know you worked hard to attain it.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations, my friend! You are well on your way to mastering "The Lightning Kick of Unstoppable Death".

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrat blue is mid level the sparring should be getting tougher, protect the head my friend.
Terry

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, kidding. I spar a lot with my instructor and he throws head shots at me. My blue belt son has started doing it to me too

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, as one begins developing The Lightning Kick of Unstoppable Death does one also naturally develop The Lightning Duck of Unkickable Head? It seems like one would propel the learning of the other.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
He he...some days I'd rather have the "Lightning Duck Of Unkickable Head"

I don't know if I have the power to do this, but if I do...

LIGHNING DUCK JUST BECAME HIS NEW NICKNAME!

MwaaahHAHAHAHAHAHA

tadadadadada!!! quack!

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Someday when Freep is a seasoned sensei we will see The Lightning Duck system emblazoned on a patch. Today will go down in history as the beginning of a bold new era. (Some artist needs to design a logo for Lightning Duck Do.)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Someday when Freep is a seasoned sensei we will see The Lightning Duck system emblazoned on a patch. Today will go down in history as the beginning of a bold new era. (Some artist needs to design a logo for Lightning Duck Do.)

When he goes for his black belt, we're all taking him out after to get him blind drunk, head over to the tat parlor and tatooed with his new symbol. We need Bob to design it. :drinkbeer :wink2:

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
I dunno.."Lightning Duck Do" sounds like an item on a menu...more like a cooking technique than a MA style....

But no one would dare mock your system in such a manner lest they be smitten by The Lightning Kick of Unstoppable Death. Truly your art surpasses all others.

and, yep, I gotta see what a logo patch and tattoo for this thing would look like.