Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
After my recent trip to Florida and all other trios to Florida, I don't know what it is about Florida, but I always feel like doing Chen style taijiquan in Florida, and I have not done any Chen in years.....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
We applied for a new rental the other day.... success!!! We're moving! Current house is just falling apart... very much looking for a fresh start elsewhere. Funnily we only looked at 3 places, and the first one we fell in love with, we applied for and got it. Everyone around us were telling us how hard it's gonna be, that it'll be months before we get a rental, be applying for dozens of places etc (parents were particularly negative about it all)... to that I say... well, nup! We're over the moon about it, move in a month.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We applied for a new rental the other day.... success!!! We're moving! Current house is just falling apart... very much looking for a fresh start elsewhere. Funnily we only looked at 3 places, and the first one we fell in love with, we applied for and got it. Everyone around us were telling us how hard it's gonna be, that it'll be months before we get a rental, be applying for dozens of places etc (parents were particularly negative about it all)... to that I say... well, nup! We're over the moon about it, move in a month.
Congratulations! Glad it went easily

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Think I figured it out. Mrs Xue bought a house in Montreal during the pandemic. I was against it, but we got it anyway. There is a tax issue, in the form of we seem to be unable to pay them using their systems. It continually rejects any attempt to pay.

Mrs Xue handed this to me to do today, well, looking at the forms the accountant Mrs Xue hired has her listed as Mrs Xue...and I too am listed as Mrs Xue. Then the most important discrepancy. The accountant has the address wrong, very wrong, not even close actually....other than it is in Montreal. I believe the account has the address for her office in as our address....bad enough I have to deal with the IRS today (a family member lost all their tax info)...I've been dealing with the Canadian version CRA all morning and so far the only thing they have told me is the proper umber to call and call back later we're to busy

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Think I figured it out. Mrs Xue bought a house in Montreal during the pandemic. I was against it, but we got it anyway. There is a tax issue, in the form of we seem to be unable to pay them using their systems. It continually rejects any attempt to pay.

Mrs Xue handed this to me to do today, well, looking at the forms the accountant Mrs Xue hired has her listed as Mrs Xue...and I too am listed as Mrs Xue. Then the most important discrepancy. The accountant has the address wrong, very wrong, not even close actually....other than it is in Montreal. I believe the account has the address for her office in as our address....bad enough I have to deal with the IRS today (a family member lost all their tax info)...I've been dealing with the Canadian version CRA all morning and so far the only thing they have told me is the proper umber to call and call back later we're to busy
well, getting the right number is progress.
Good luck man.

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Driving a stick shift in South Africa is a great way to wake up after a long plane ride:
IMG_20230328_112246.HEIC.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was being facetious. I've only seen a small part of BC, but I've quite liked what I've seen.

That's fine, I knew that...I'm just hating on Canada today..... dang friendly polite people with clean cities and abundant nature... the whole dang place is just annoying today... although it is really only Montreals fault.... I still blame the entire country... oh wait..its Montreal...I should say.... c'est toujours la faute de Montréal

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I just spent several days in Eswatini Africa. Interesting place, the King has 15 wives, each with their own house. His dad had 75 wives. Each year 40 thousand+ virgins dance topless in a stadium 🏟️ (tourists welcome) where he picks a new wife. The mountain is called "execution rock" criminals as late as 1969 use to have to jump off.
IMG_20230402_105538.HEIC.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just spent several days in Eswatini Africa. Interesting place, the King has 15 wives, each with their own house. His dad had 75 wives. Each year 40 thousand+ virgins dance topless in a stadium 🏟️ (tourists welcome) where he picks a new wife. The mountain is called "execution rock" criminals as late as 1969 use to have to jump off.
View attachment 29689
That's pretty wild.

Latest Discussions