Last Poster #7

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Week and a half now. Back felt almost "not-bad" today, so decided I'd stretch it a bit with a small amount of yoga. Now it feels bad again. You'd think I'd know better, but guess not. Especially since I'm already planning my next test to be the tai chi short form next weekend.
Be careful... one of those a few years back is what turned out to be a significantly ruptured disc and back surgery for me...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Because this is just WOW cool... though I do have questions... Would love to hear it.

I think I will send that to my youngest, the classical musician, who has played one f these for years

2022-Steinway-Model-D-Concert-Grand-Piano-619879-Polished-Ebony-Piano-Chupps-Pianos.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful... one of those a few years back is what turned out to be a significantly ruptured disc and back surgery for me...
hmm..my lower back is feeling fine as of pretty much yesterday. But if the pain comes back, I'll keep that in mind. Gonna start slow with tai chi and yoga to be safe.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
hmm..my lower back is feeling fine as of pretty much yesterday. But if the pain comes back, I'll keep that in mind. Gonna start slow with tai chi and yoga to be safe.
Have you ever tried to hang on a bar and let your body weight to stretch your spine for you? It works for me everytime I had back pain.

hang_on_bar.jpg

I also use this too.

back_bend_bench.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whelp, learned that a friend and former coworker died on December 29th. He retired a few years back, but sadly only enjoyed his retirement for a few years. Heart attack.
Ah so sorry to hear that mate... it's always hard to wrap your head around when it happens suddenly..

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Apparently, the week between Xmas and New Year’s Day is a bad week for heart attacks. Reasons they said were that people are stressed, out of their routine, and drink and eat more than normal, etc.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Apparently, the week between Xmas and New Year’s Day is a bad week for heart attacks. Reasons they said were that people are stressed, out of their routine, and drink and eat more than normal, etc.
the artic blast and snow probably did not help this round either.
A good reminder though to take care of oneself, and to not let work consume your life.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Damn. And today another old friend and former coworker passed last night. She retired about 10 years ago. I guess I’m getting to that age. Man this was a shitty double whammy.

Latest Discussions