Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Technically its 43 degrees now, thankyou very much. The temp keeps dropping like a cruel joke of sorts. If the temp were to drop to 25 here I might as well take the food out my fridge and sit it on my lap cause I'll be cold enough to keep the food preserved just as effective as the fridge.

Edit: 42 now

its now 22 here and I'm about to go check the garage.....without a coat..... dang kids today........ all they do is whine about this and whine about that...its too cold.... I'm freezing.... its only 42....that's downright balmy.... they are talking the 40s here Friday... I won't even wear my coat that day.....because it so warm..... kids today..... they just have it too soft

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
temps are supposed to go down to 12 degrees this weekend.
Now that IS cold for us

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
its now 22 here and I'm about to go check the garage.....without a coat..... dang kids today........ all they do is whine about this and whine about that...its too cold.... I'm freezing.... its only 42....that's downright balmy.... they are talking the 40s here Friday... I won't even wear my coat that day.....because it so warm..... kids today..... they just have it too soft
Kids growing up in NY state were tough and durable....I never remember saying "not today mommy... it's too cold out".

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Kids growing up in NY state were tough and durable....I never remember saying "not today mommy... it's too cold out".

Same in New England where I grew up.... Heck it could be a blizzard with wind chills below freezing and WE were outside playing in the snow..... Heck, our parents would even TELL us to go outside..... Wouldn't see us whining about it being cold... we were made of tougher stuff....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, but you could buy decent warm clothes!
They don't sell those down here!

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rain and wind finally stopped here. We had 6.5 inches of rain in forty eight hours. More rain than we had all last winter.
I've been to Hawaii... the humidity is so high, I'm not sure how you can tell if it's actually raining or not.
One reason why it's best to spend most of the trip actually under water.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
then send me some warm clothes!

more clothes
1795636_10152226236514893_2108708910_n.jpg

What for

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been to Hawaii... the humidity is so high, I'm not sure how you can tell if it's actually raining or not.
One reason why it's best to spend most of the trip actually under water.
I've only known it to be humid a handful of times over thirty years. But I've known it to be unbearably humid in New England more times than I can count.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They can't be freezing at 42 degrees. By definition. They're exagerating.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welp... it's no longer 42 degrees outside. It's now 12F. And windy too. I walked around outside to see if theres any ice cause it rained earlier today. No ice, but I got a decent backhand slap by the wind when I opened my door.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally found a martial arts dojo last night I think I'm going to stick with. They do tai chi and shaolin kung fu. Seemed legit, everyone there was friendly, the person I was working with had very good control over her body/was very fluid, and noticed that I performed the form better when I knew the application (without me asking) so proceeded to show me the application of each move I was weird on, for both the tai chi and shaolin form.

Both impressed me that she caught that, and that she on-the-spot knew the application of each part of the form.

Latest Discussions