Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
9 degrees this morning... but its a balmy 13 degrees now... swimming weather here in the foothills of the Adirondacks.... now I if you don't mind...I have to go find my axe to chop through the ice to take.a good swim...

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 degrees this morning... but its a balmy 13 degrees now... swimming weather here in the foothills of the Adirondacks.... now I if you don't mind...I have to go find my axe to chop through the ice to take.a good swim...
Pictures or it never happened.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Pictures or it never happened.
ice-swimming-fenwick-ridley-1024x610.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Happy Christmas Eve everyone. I got out of MT jail just in time to wish you all a wonderful holiday season, however you celebrate.

And if any of you celebrate festivus, a video of the feat of strength would be appreciated! :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Happy Christmas Eve everyone. I got out of MT jail just in time to wish you all a wonderful holiday season, however you celebrate.

And if any of you celebrate festivus, a video of the feat of strength would be appreciated! :)
What is "MT jail"?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Haha. If you're genuinely curious, that's an explanation probably best done privately. I was trying to make light of a pretty silly situation. :D
I'm genuinely curious, please PM me.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
About an hour after I read your, and Rich’s posts, a couple local guys stopped by to give us some dakine that they had grown us for a Christmas present.

I shared your posts with them. They laughed and said “Don’t you love it when people from the mainland, who maybe spent six months here, explain to us about the weather on Maui?”

Years ago, there was a great Sports Radio station here. I used to call them every day, became fairly well know from doing so.

The main radio host was also a sport’s reporter for the paper here. He had a family reunion every year in Buffalo New York. One hundred and sixty people.

Every year he would take his two sons and two of his nephews to a different Major League Baseball park for a game.

I was back in Boston at the time. He called me and asked if I could get him tickets to a Red Sox game as they all wanted to experience Fenway Park.

Two of my friends and three of my students worked there so I got him and the kids free tickets in very good seats, and a tour of Fenway Park the next day.

The week before they were to come I called him to see if he needed anything else.
While we were talking I told him Boston gets an average of three nasty heat waves each summer, fortunately for only three days each, but it’s nasty hot and even nastier humidity.

He laughed and said “I’m originally from Southern California, and have lived her for twenty five years now, trust me that heat and humidity do not bother me at all.”

Game night came. It was nasty. It was so humid the poor guy almost passed out. Kept saying, “this is crazy, how do you stand it?”

I walked them back to their hotel after the game. We passed one of those clock that showed the temperature. We were walking back at midnight. The temp was 91 degrees. But it was so humid him and the kids had to sit down twice and douse their heads from water bottles I had provided.

I still bust their chops to this day.

If you haven’t lived in both Maui and Boston, perhaps perception isn’t the right term to use on this particular comparison.
🤗😋

Hi Buka,
My point was not to tell you how the weather was around you, yet to point out that I thought Vegas was bone dry and the San Diego had humidity and I could detect it after the dryness of Vegas.
Flying from Michigan to South Cali is not as easy to detect.

Colorado and the elevated plain is usually dryer, even though they get snow in the mountains a lot go out for the powder which is dryer snow than packed wetter snow. I see why the Eskimos had multiple words for snow :D

No disrespect meant in my original nor in this post. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi Buka,
My point was not to tell you how the weather was around you, yet to point out that I thought Vegas was bone dry and the San Diego had humidity and I could detect it after the dryness of Vegas.
Flying from Michigan to South Cali is not as easy to detect.

Colorado and the elevated plain is usually dryer, even though they get snow in the mountains a lot go out for the powder which is dryer snow than packed wetter snow. I see why the Eskimos had multiple words for snow :D

No disrespect meant in my original nor in this post. :)
No disrespect taken, Rich.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

3a9c0493afddf28ace312bc8c559f4d3_w200.gif

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Merry Christian Money Card Exchange Day to all
(and if the happiness of the day gets to you, please reach out to a trusted friend. Life is rough around the days of merrimaking.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's not complaining...that's just announcing the weather conditions.... might be a bit to cold for swimming..... but not to cold for sunbathing and a nice book outside

sunbathing-in-snow.jpg
I got cold just looking at that photo. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Latest Discussions