Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Saw a car today that was both ostentatious and environmentally friendly...a fully electric car, a Karma GS-6

Fully electric and cost between $80,000 and $100,000
2021-Karma-GS-6-1.jpg

Saw one today

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While looking for a new Kali school, I might take videos of me doing the basic drills in case I forget any in the future/need a reference.

If I'm doing that anyway, I might upload them on here as I've already done most of the work in creating them, and so I don't have to store them anywhere. Any thoughts on the easiest way to do that in an organized manner, that I'd be able to find easy in the future? Just posting it as a thread would make it a bit tough to find in a few years when I have a lot more threads to sift through.
Was sorting through my digital storage, and discovered I did a complete version of this probably 2 years ago. I did a few advanced techniques I was worried I'd forget/forget key details for when covid hit. Conveniently, they're tech's I haven't been able to focus much on recently due to newcomers at the gym.

You know what's trippy? Getting insight on technique from your past self in video.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was sorting through my digital storage, and discovered I did a complete version of this probably 2 years ago. I did a few advanced techniques I was worried I'd forget/forget key details for when covid hit. Conveniently, they're tech's I haven't been able to focus much on recently due to newcomers at the gym.

You know what's trippy? Getting insight on technique from your past self in video.
Nice, that's really cool! I just had the opposite happen, watched a vid of me doing an old form in a tournament and thinking... "I would sooo not do it like that now!"

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Llloooooooove teriyaki chicken!!! Basically teriyaki on anything really..

Well done, very nice!
Seattle is kind of known for our teriyaki restaurants. Not sure if they’re any better than any place else, but we have a lot of them and they’re pretty darn good. I think I read somewhere that modern teriyaki was invented here but who knows?

I will say our pho scene is pretty darn good too.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It is, but I will not be on-call at all, in the position I was hired. That could very well change if I get a promotion somewhere down the line though.
That’s great. Quality of life matters a great deal. My wife travelled about 50% for over a decade. I didn’t mind. Became very close to my three kids But it was very nice when she started working from home full time.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, I am about 3000 miles away from home.
Today I get a call: There is a possum in the living room!

Not quite sure what I can do.......

Well, the critter seems to have escaped. All good for now.
Until the next disaster.
The bottle of wine did not last long today....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! May I ask what kind of work you do? Just curious since you are on call.
Tech support, current job is mainly for law firms, so they often need to work nights and weekends, which means that they need a way to get assistance if they can't login or use an application to do their job or if any server's go down or data issues, among other things.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of daily go-to meals...

-4x eggs
-bit of milk
-rice
-bit of Vegeta stock (chicken)
-spinach+kale mix
-sliced mushroom
-grated cheese
-garlic aioli
-bit of extra garlic paste (optional)

Scramble the eggs first in a pan/pot with olive oil, then I just CHUCK the rest all in! Super easy. Sooooo good...

20221010_142351.jpg
20221010_142356.jpg

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have I got the homemade Autumn drink. Just made some.

Gluten free, dairy free, vegan.

You can make the drink without any of those but I'm pretty sure this version is the healthier of the two.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
What a moon, eh? If you see it orange-ish, it's probably because of pollution.

Very white and blue for me.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One of daily go-to meals...

-4x eggs
-bit of milk
-rice
-bit of Vegeta stock (chicken)
-spinach+kale mix
-sliced mushroom
-grated cheese
-garlic aioli
-bit of extra garlic paste (optional)

Scramble the eggs first in a pan/pot with olive oil, then I just CHUCK the rest all in! Super easy. Sooooo good...

View attachment 29070View attachment 29071
Leave out the mushrooms and I am all in. Maybe add some quinoa.

Latest Discussions