Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You would think IT people would know better.

Non-state side of the IT department highers a new person.... then someone sends out an email "Welcome to (person's name)" to everyone in the department.....and then every single one of them replies to ALL....welcoming the new person....... thereby SPAMMING the entire IT department...state and non-state both.....they won't stop so these days I create rules to block them as soon as it starts... just created one actually.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
next thing you will tell them to get off your lawn!

HEY YOU KIDS!!!! GIT OFF A MY LAWN!!!!!
source.gif

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I always liked Delta.
I have never had a bad flight experience with them.

But this morning I am thoroughly hating the company!

I am sitting in Germany, having to deal with estates, and deaths, and stuff.
And at home we are having a medical issue, ad I need to book an earlier flight home.
So I walk myself through the website, give them my credit card, have to bother my husband to give me the security code, and after all of this, I CANNOT GET A CONFIRMATION that my flight has changed!
The 'help' bot is useless!
The FB messenger bot refers you the the 'help' bot.

I am about ready to scream.
And yeah, I had some plans for the day and tomorrow, regarding the estate and death I came here to deal with.

Bite me.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So I always liked Delta.

And at home we are having a medical issue, ad I need to book an earlier flight home.
So I walk myself through the website, give them my credit card, have to bother my husband to give me the security code, and after all of this, I CANNOT GET A CONFIRMATION that my flight has changed!

And yeah, I had some plans for the day and tomorrow, regarding the estate and death I came here to deal with.

Bite me.
Ugh... that's horrible, I'm sorry to hear.. hugs!

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So I always liked Delta.

Bite me.
Sorry to hear you are going through some of life's tougher stuff.
Any chance there is an actual phone number to call?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So I always liked Delta.

Bite me.

Sorry to hear this. The last time we flew delta the online stuff worked fine, but ask them a question once your at the airport and they looked at me like I had just insulted their family and the shaolin temple...actually had to go back to online to get my question answered.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
so far indications are that it is not critical but in need of attention.
Keep fingers crossed!

had a bunch of needles jabbed into my arm and wrist last night...yes the wrist needle jabs actually hurt...arm...not so much. Swelling went down and it hurts less today. Still thinking abut an x-ray, but the youngest is staying home today, she's sick, so the x-ray may have to wait..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was thinking (and this may only be me) I had a momentary lapse of memory and asked my daughter...who wrote the Brandenburg concertos...Bach or Vivaldi.... she looked at me and said..Bach..... Vivaldi wrote the four seasons..... made me wonder...how many kids her age wud know that...... and how the heck did she know I was also thinking about which one wrote the four seasons.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
went to orthopedic urgent care
Bone spur in wrist and minor arthritis in thumb
Now I get to wear this wrist/thumb splint/brace thing....
If you thought I made a lot of typos before...you ain't seen nothin' yet...makes it hard to type

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Derry Girls is so damn funny. It’s crude for folks who might be sensitive to that, but the dialog is so sharp.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Steve my Sette grinder finally stuffed up hehe, sending it for repairs, but brought out my old grinder for grinding duties in the meantime.

No idea what grind setting to start with, but the first shot yielded 11 grams out in 102 seconds!! Officially the slowest shot I'd ever pulled hahaha. And of course, I never chuck shots down the sink, so drank it. I actually didn't mind it haha. Was like a veeeeery concentrated ristretto, had to chew my way through it!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
@Steve my Sette grinder finally stuffed up hehe, sending it for repairs, but brought out my old grinder for grinding duties in the meantime.

No idea what grind setting to start with, but the first shot yielded 11 grams out in 102 seconds!! Officially the slowest shot I'd ever pulled hahaha. And of course, I never chuck shots down the sink, so drank it. I actually didn't mind it haha. Was like a veeeeery concentrated ristretto, had to chew my way through it!
Ha. I think that might be a little on the fine side.

Hey I’ve been meaning to ask you, have you ever roasted an anearobic bean? I picked up 5 lbs of a Ethiopian Gatta anaerobic and it was kind of spendy. Trying to figure out a strategy for roasting it. I think I’ll start with something like how I’d roast a medium Yirgacheffe.

Latest Discussions