Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, it turns out, it was a not-bad-thing that the flight change did not go through.
I should have been on the plane today, but I got sick.
Hubby just informed me of the course of his treatment, which lasts well past my original arrival time.
So, he suggested I stick with my original itinerary and such.
However, keep him in your thoughts, A-Fib sucks. I do like the guy. I do want him to stick around.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ha. I think that might be a little on the fine side.

Hey I’ve been meaning to ask you, have you ever roasted an anearobic bean? I picked up 5 lbs of a Ethiopian Gatta anaerobic and it was kind of spendy. Trying to figure out a strategy for roasting it. I think I’ll start with something like how I’d roast a medium Yirgacheffe.
Ah nice, no I've never roasted one of those... yeah that sounds like a plan, I wouldn't know my approach. Usually with any new bean I'll just roast using my standard method and tweak from there for any subsequent roasts. I'm always cautious with the pricier ones hehe. Keen to know how it goes, sounds good!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ah nice, no I've never roasted one of those... yeah that sounds like a plan, I wouldn't know my approach. Usually with any new bean I'll just roast using my standard method and tweak from there for any subsequent roasts. I'm always cautious with the pricier ones hehe. Keen to know how it goes, sounds good!
I’ll let you know!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am doing a new thing. Any accidental double post (and edited as such) I come across, I shall click "agree". It's stupid, but it sure gives me a good chuckle.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Was looking at the last page of the original Last Person Thread. I think there are only 3 or 4 of those listed still here

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think I was just hit with a Catch 22.
They implemented a new security system, and never told me...so now I am locked out of virtually everything. Now here is what I am pretty sure is a catch 22

I cannot access my remote desktop because I did not register for the new system. So they put me on bypass to access my remote desktop....but I cannot register if I am on bypass....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They implemented a new security system, and never told me...so now I am locked out of virtually everything. Now here is what I am pretty sure is a catch 22

I cannot access my remote desktop because I did not register for the new system. So they put me on bypass to access my remote desktop....but I cannot register if I am on bypass....
Nice!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

they really want you to retire....
Are they offering buy-outs?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
they really want you to retire....
Are they offering buy-outs?

No, if they were, I'd be gone....after yesterday and the day so far today.... I really no longer have any desire to work here..... don't like the way things are going at all..... I can deal with the IT main office, but the corporate side of the house...they get downright nasty and dismissive....users needs be damned

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know....I think I may leave work early..... and I feel a case of the 24 hour bubonic plague coming on....so I might not be here tomorrow either..... I can take only so much silliness before I walk away for a much needed break... from this unnecessary ridiculousness...

simple yes or no answer to an email is all that was needed and it has taken more than a dozen emails, and they looped in about a dozen people and still no answer... and that is just one of the groups of silliness I am dealing with today...... the other seems to think if that add more and more people that eventually I'll get scared and change my no to yes...and yet another is arguing about a necessary purchase....with all sorts of unbelievable and unrealistic fixes that are all doomed to failure.....and this is day #2 of this.....,yup...I'm going home TTFN

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ahhh now I think reality is sinking in..... they seem to be quieting down...... now I get to tell them what needs to be done.....for the 4th or 5th time.... and that there were never any other options..... but then...I would not be surprised it this does not start them in again in their attempt to push what they demand as to what they think needs to be done.....that is based in myth, a complete lack of understanding of IT security and how network policies apply...... of course if they continue on this mythological path...this simply means... I go home early again..... and I might just take tomorrow off too this time...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
ahhh now I think reality is sinking in..... they seem to be quieting down...... now I get to tell them what needs to be done.....for the 4th or 5th time.... and that there were never any other options..... but then...I would not be surprised it this does not start them in again in their attempt to push what they demand as to what they think needs to be done.....that is based in myth, a complete lack of understanding of IT security and how network policies apply...... of course if they continue on this mythological path...this simply means... I go home early again..... and I might just take tomorrow off too this time...
sounds like a plan.
you have enough tea and coffee to wait them out?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
sounds like a plan.
you have enough tea and coffee to wait them out?

Oh I have in laws in China.... I have enough tea to wait until time stops....but alas....they appear to have come to their senses....especially after someone above me, in my chain of command, said we were going with what I said to do.....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh I have in laws in China.... I have enough tea to wait until time stops....but alas....they appear to have come to their senses....especially after someone above me, in my chain of command, said we were going with what I said to do.....
Sounds like you have the tea covered. I think @_Simon_ and I can help support you with coffee, should that become necessary. :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
aaaaaand I have put the first person on ignore in a donkey's age.
congrats, trollface.
Just report them when you see them. It's someone who's annoyed at the staff here so keeps using a vpn to change their IPs/create new accounts and post. Whichever of us sees the report first will ban.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just report them when you see them. It's someone who's annoyed at the staff here so keeps using a vpn to change their IPs/create new accounts and post. Whichever of us sees the report first will ban.
Is there like a list of these people?

I'm kind of an eager beaver and love to chat but sometimes get the feeling my leg is getting pulled. As long as it's a topic I enjoy I just kind of roll with it, but it would be interesting to see who posts and gets a whole bunch of valuable responses, but it was all troll bait.

Latest Discussions