Last Poster #7

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A bit further than that. I think Raleigh is a bit more than 4 hours away. NC is a very wide state.
Now that I think about it, that makes sense. Charlotte's around 2 hours away which is what I was thinking of since that's the other place I might have moved to, and you're on the opposite side of charlotte.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well I knew Funeral directors made good money... but I didn't know it was this good

I drive past a funeral home every Monday though Friday morning and I have seen this car, or at least it looks like this car, parked there every morning... not 100% sure, but it sure looks like this.... still does not make me want to be a funeral director though

Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV Roadster
aventador_sv_roadster_2.jpg

price, over $500,000
most are now owned by chains, the upsell is a big thing.
Guilting the family into extras (they likely can't afford) in their time of distress.
It might have been the CEO.....
but wow....kind of bad taste to flaunt the cashflow like this....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
and traffic is a pain, too....
(I mean, why else describe distance by time traveled vs distance ?!)
This may just be a local thing, but I've always described it by time traveled. Traffic varies way too often, and speed limits vary too much, for me to know the time it'll take somewhere if someone says "that's about 20 miles away" or "That's about 300 miles away".

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While looking for a new Kali school, I might take videos of me doing the basic drills in case I forget any in the future/need a reference.

If I'm doing that anyway, I might upload them on here as I've already done most of the work in creating them, and so I don't have to store them anywhere. Any thoughts on the easiest way to do that in an organized manner, that I'd be able to find easy in the future? Just posting it as a thread would make it a bit tough to find in a few years when I have a lot more threads to sift through.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This video made me start dinner early.

Surf and turf picatta (or is it??).

"No capers". That was a direct order from a friend. Olives are better IMHO, but is it still picatta?
Got me hungry too but I had rice & tuna fish

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I knew Funeral directors made good money... but I didn't know it was this good

I drive past a funeral home every Monday though Friday morning and I have seen this car, or at least it looks like this car, parked there every morning... not 100% sure, but it sure looks like this.... still does not make me want to be a funeral director though

Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV Roadster
aventador_sv_roadster_2.jpg

price, over $500,000
Nice ride but a bit much for every day driving......I think if I was the funeral director I would leave this at home and drive my ford to work....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This is pretty terrific. Cause for some optimism, at least. A community in southern Florida demonstrates that planning for the climate reality can make a huge difference. These guys are just a few miles away from Ft Myers and Naples, and didn’t lose power, water or internet. Outside of a few trees and some roof shingles, there was minimal damage.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I’m also stoked to see season 3 of derry girls is coming to Netflix in the USA soon.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah oh I have a bigger basket though, so I dosed 23g and got 45.5g out, so still a 1:2 ratio. BUT this was actually a very slow 45 second pour, which you can absolutely do with lighter roasts! And many encourage even higher ratios with lighter roasts, going up to 1:2.5 or even some pushing it to 1:3.

Ahh okay, yeah I'd definitely experiment, lighter roasts are less developed than darker so you have to work a bit harder to extract the solubles (darker roasts extract so much quicker hence why you don't want to have too slow a pour, or a more than 1:2 ratio). So yeah with lighter you can really afford to stretch out the ratio or even have a suuuper slow shot and you won't risk extracting the bitterness you'd get if you did that with darker roasts (the espresso above was beautiful, sweet and fruity, no trace of bitterness nor sourness). I often have trouble with lighter roasts, but I treat them differently than darker, and usually try to slow the pour down as a first port of call.

Oh YUM I've also got some unopened Colom Supremo Popayan beans I'm yet to roast. Enjoy!!!
OH also @Steve , lighter roasts can do very very, well with longer rest times.

When I first sampled my Yirg bean at 10 days/2 weeks-ish post-roast it was very nice. Gave it more rest while I drank the other beans I roasted, and at 4 WEEKS post-roast it is absolutely popping. Seriously worlds difference, can't believe how much more delicious this is compared to few weeks ago. Don't be afraid to rest lighter roasts ;)

Latest Discussions