Last Poster #7

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was pretty shocking to see his racist cartoons. That only happened for me recently. They're a puzzle for sure.

But sometimes you have to step back and look at the forest for the trees, or the phoenix for the flames.
I didn’t know he made racist cartoons. That is very disappointing.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well...I'm going to go outside and brave the heat...with my broken air conditioning in my car....90 degrees...should be fun...not
well, at least it gets fixed tomorrow...in time for the cool down this week
Wait wasn’t it snowing last week? Now it’s 90?! No thanks. It never gets below 30 and never above 83 here. Ever. However, some years it can rain for 30 days straight.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
More from the waist down I suspect. I don’t know much of Wing Chun outside of the handful of Wing Chun guys I have sparred with over the years. Interesting to note that outside of a few nuanced stances or movements, not one of them seemed to be using the same Wing Chun as any of the others. I took that to mean there are a lot of variations in what the differing schools of Wing Chun or Ving Tsung.
I'll post more in the Iron Wire thread soon, it's definitely above the waist too.

If you dig into the history of Wing Chun as a Shaolin Chan artform, you will start to see what's been lost by a lot of lineages, starting with muscle.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well...I'm going to go outside and brave the heat...with my broken air conditioning in my car....90 degrees...should be fun...not
well, at least it gets fixed tomorrow...in time for the cool down this week
I drove an air-cooled bug in San Antonio for years, and to be honest, I don't know how I did it. It gets to 80F here in Seattle now, and I'm crushing the A/C full blast.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll post more in the Iron Wire thread soon, it's definitely above the waist too.

If you dig into the history of Wing Chun as a Shaolin Chan artform, you will start to see what's been lost by a lot of lineages, starting with muscle.
Again, I know almost nothing of Wing Chun per se. In my very limited experiences with very few practitioners in a sparring scenario, my opinion would mean very little based on sample size and limited scope of exposure to their art. I am not a fan of certain aspects, but that is just taste and flavor and is purely subjective.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t know he made racist cartoons. That is very disappointing.
Oh yes, he very much did. It was nothing unusual for the day, but by today's standards it's pretty heinous. Publishers are becoming less will to reprint his works.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's officially here. COVID in my home, and it's not even me.

Just when I thought everyone here was safe.

Wondering why I'm never the one who gets sick. Always someone really close to me.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think Dr Seuss said it best when he said

I will not eat it in a house, i will not eat it with a mouse, i will not eat it in a box i will not eat it with a fox, i will not eat it here of there i will not eat it anywhere, I do not like bacon you go to far, i do not like it Wing Woo Gar”
🤣🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jeez. That’s a hard turn. Even two weeks between snow and 90s is too much for me. I don’t much care for hot weather, less so when not properly acclimated.

Hey, it was in the 80s the week before it snowed.... welcome to upstate (real upstate) NY. However I think we are pretty much in that spring/summer transition now. I do not expect more snow until say...next week ;),....seriously it is likely that we will not see snow now until sometime between October and December

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's officially here. COVID in my home, and it's not even me.

Just when I thought everyone here was safe.

Wondering why I'm never the one who gets sick. Always someone really close to me.
Take care of yourself too. Doesn't always hit everyone at the same time. I hope whoever has it gets better soon, with no lasting issues.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Right on... who wants to... smell like a sumo wrestler? Anyone? Anyone?

Sumocologne.jpg

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Take care. Positive thoughts your way. Good luck to you and yours.
I gotta be honest, I'm hovering around my wits end. But I know myself, I won't get past that point easily.

The nice thing about kung fu is that it's perfect for anchoring the mind and body. When done right, practiced right, and not so much worrying about getting into street fights and other hooliganism.

I eat, sleep, workout, repeat. Little time to worry about anything, but when it's a best friend, you need your kung fu more than ever.

Latest Discussions