Last Poster #7

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I lived in Wichita Falls as a kid and spent many summers at my grandparents house in Henrietta. That’s Shepard afb up there. Right?
Yeah Shepard. I went to Wichita Falls for work right before covid started. It seemed like a nice place. Lots of good bbq.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah Shepard. I went to Wichita Falls for work right before covid started. It seemed like a nice place. Lots of good bbq.

yeah, pretty good up there, for sure. Best of luck to your daughter. I hope she gets a cool assignment after tech school.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, pretty good up there, for sure. Best of luck to your daughter. I hope she gets a cool assignment after tech school.
Im hoping she gets to go overseas. Explore the world when your young and single. Our luck she will get Andrews and be an hour from home lol.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Im hoping she gets to go overseas. Explore the world when your young and single. Our luck she will get Andrews and be an hour from home lol.
My orders out of tech school were to KI Sawyer AFB in Michigan. I was bummed and really wanted to go overseas. Luckily, there was a guy in the class behind me who wsa from Wisconsin who was also homesick. He got orders to Germany and wanted nothing more than to stay in CONUS. So, a few days later, we had swapped orders at the CBPO, he went to Michigan and I went to Germany. years later, I am still very glad about that. I'd like to think he is, too.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
getting towards the end, just some stomach upset at the moment, was able to eat plain toast. I will say this was not as bad as last time that sent me to the ER, but it was not at all pleasant.
Oof... that sounds horrible. Glad you're feeling better. Any idea what caused it?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My orders out of tech school were to KI Sawyer AFB in Michigan. I was bummed and really wanted to go overseas. Luckily, there was a guy in the class behind me who wsa from Wisconsin who was also homesick. He got orders to Germany and wanted nothing more than to stay in CONUS. So, a few days later, we had swapped orders at the CBPO, he went to Michigan and I went to Germany. years later, I am still very glad about that. I'd like to think he is, too.
Yeah I went infantry in the Marines so I was stationed in NC. But we went to Asia, South America, Hati, Norway so I atleast got to see stuff.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah I went infantry in the Marines so I was stationed in NC. But we went to Asia, South America, Hati, Norway so I atleast got to see stuff.
I never got to any of those places. :( Did 2 years in Germany, that included a few 3 month TDYs to Denmark (which was great). Did a lot of travelling all over Germany and Holland, and was there at a really good time, before and after the Berlin Wall fell.

Then 6 months in Riyadh, working in a bomb dump in the desert. That was a lot of sand. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Raw cabbage can carry Listeria.

Thanks, that's why I wash everything before I make it.... I'm pretty sure it was the dressing.... however the last time I got food poisoning it may have been Listeria. I ended up in the ER with a high fever, and I was put on IV fluids...3 bags worth, I was dangerously dehydrated, or at least that is what they said. I wasn't right for 3 days that time. However my wife believed it was from Mycotoxins. We had applesauce that was in plastic cups and I ate one that day. She pulled them out of our pantry and checked one and found mold. Either way, I was very ill that time.

I'm doing ok today, not 100%, but getting there.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions