I'm trying
Maybe some of these?
1641940747088.png

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Update for whomever was wondering, Buka is still okay. He wishes his best to everyone here
Thanks, everybody, for your concern and kind thoughts. I'm okay, just self isolating from everything and everybody. Even the forum, because, you know....computer viruses. (see what I did there?)

I'm semi retired from Law Enforcement, might go back one night a week if this pandemic ever ends. I'm also semi retired from Martial Arts. Supposed to teach some guys, but again, this pandemic stuff has thrown a wrench into our plans.

In the meantime, my wife had bought me a great big TV. And because I'm semi retired, been smoking fatties, picking oranges from the back yard, drinking screwdrivers and binge watching a whole bunch of movies and TV series.

I could get used to this.

The world no longer makes sense to me. Friends I've known for fifty years have become radicalized. Can't really figure out how that happened. It's like I didn't even know them anymore. They've become Clockwork Oranged. Kind of scary.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bake a little. There are many types of gluten free bread and baked goods that are delicious but it depends on the flour.

The trick with Gluten free flour is to either find a 1:1 blend, or know the tricks for each type of flour.

Coconut sucks up a lot of liquid, so use extra eggs and stick to 1/4 cup of coconut flour for every cup of regular. Very sweet. Tapioca is similar, don't use too much or your mix gets gummy.

Sorghum is a good choice if used right. Its usually 1:1 and a little xantham gum will bind it up nicely.

Rice flour is tough to work with, and the reason for most breads that taste like paper because it has a very neutral profile. That's fine if you're adding other fun flavors, but for just bread it might taste bland.
Man, I really miss the “informative” rating we used to have.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody, for your concern and kind thoughts. I'm okay, just self isolating from everything and everybody. Even the forum, because, you know....computer viruses. (see what I did there?)

I'm semi retired from Law Enforcement, might go back one night a week if this pandemic ever ends. I'm also semi retired from Martial Arts. Supposed to teach some guys, but again, this pandemic stuff has thrown a wrench into our plans.

In the meantime, my wife had bought me a great big TV. And because I'm semi retired, been smoking fatties, picking oranges from the back yard, drinking screwdrivers and binge watching a whole bunch of movies and TV series.

The world no longer makes sense to me. Friends I've known for fifty years have become radicalized. Can't really figure out how that happened. It's like I didn't even know them anymore. They've become Clockwork Oranged. Kind of scary.
That is rough, brother.

That’s all I got.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Guys that were basically father figures to me are going off the deep end. Every once in a while I learn someone knew has become like that. Have to force myself not to change my perspective of them/our friendship, which can get tough.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Absolutely. Guys that were basically father figures to me are going off the deep end. Every once in a while I learn someone knew has become like that. Have to force myself not to change my perspective of them/our friendship, which can get tough.
Yes!!!

What I’m finding hard is to stay open to them figuring it out. My brother seems to be coming around but it’s really hard to trust him at this point.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well today was the worst day of my life so far I know Ill have more worst days coming. We got my wifes test results back today. Shes been battling pancreatic cancer since Oct 2020. Surgery Chemo and Radiation over the last year. She finished it all in Nov of 2021 and we thought everything was going well. Had her first set of scans and tests since and its back and spread to liver, an artery, and the lining of the abdominal cavity it has some long name I cant remember. And since shes still under 100 pounds from the first set of treatments they said she isnt healthy enough to try more chemo. Basically we were told there is nothing more we can do right now. So then we had to tell our kids. And still have to tell my daughter in bootcamp but we will wait until she finishes.
Im numb angry sad heartbroken worried all at the same time. Hug your loved ones folks because this really sucks. Sorry to vent here Im just trying to keep everything together in my real life.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
they need to bring back the deprogramming things from the 70s....when being in a cult was considered bad

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well today was the worst day of my life so far I know Ill have more worst days coming. We got my wifes test results back today. Shes been battling pancreatic cancer since Oct 2020. Surgery Chemo and Radiation over the last year. She finished it all in Nov of 2021 and we thought everything was going well. Had her first set of scans and tests since and its back and spread to liver, an artery, and the lining of the abdominal cavity it has some long name I cant remember. And since shes still under 100 pounds from the first set of treatments they said she isnt healthy enough to try more chemo. Basically we were told there is nothing more we can do right now. So then we had to tell our kids. And still have to tell my daughter in bootcamp but we will wait until she finishes.
Im numb angry sad heartbroken worried all at the same time. Hug your loved ones folks because this really sucks. Sorry to vent here Im just trying to keep everything together in my real life.
Oh ****. I’m so sorry. It just takes me back to all of the loved ones I’ve lost to cancer. This sucks man. Vent all you want. Whatever you need.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
they need to bring back the deprogramming things from the 70s....when being in a cult was considered bad
If we want this country to heal we need a truth and reconciliation commission like they had on South Africa following apartheid.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
except they were not cultists back then.
we are talking about people who have fallen off the cliff of misinformation and are not open to other perspectives. They need to detox first but can't unless the access to the misinformation and conspiracies is cut!
If we want this country to heal we need a truth and reconciliation commission like they had on South Africa following apartheid.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
except they were not cultists back then.
we are talking about people who have fallen off the cliff of misinformation and are not open to other perspectives. They need to detox first but can't unless the access to the misinformation and conspiracies is cut!
Maybe so. I think there are a lot of similarities.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Just to be clear, my 'Love' react was simply that you posted. Really great to hear from you, we were a little worried about ya.

Sorry to hear about the other stuff... it certainly is a crazy time and that's really sad to hear... it's hard to know how to be around that. Hoping you're okay brother.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh man... I'm so so very sorry... we're here for you however you need okay. I'm thinking of you and your dear loved ones in these incredibly hard times

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes!!!

What I’m finding hard is to stay open to them figuring it out. My brother seems to be coming around but it’s really hard to trust him at this point.
The hardest part for me is knowing that trying to provide evidence and debate only hardens their position. I want to help them figure it out, but that's not how the psychology of this works, apparently.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that.

Latest Discussions