Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I’ll just leave this here:

On December 30th each year, bacon lovers (which I am not) celebrate one of nature’s favored gifts on Bacon Day! The day reminds us that bacon is not just for breakfast. its also for high cholesterol, coronaries and hypertension.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunny and 55F today. And the winds are only 20MPH!
Going to drop to 4F tonight, with a high of 25F tomorrow. And snow.
Colorado. Where you get all four seasons in a single day.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My biggest dog head-butted me while playing today. Split my lip. I haven’t been punched that hard in a while, and even longer without a mouth guard.

YEARS ago I had a girlfriend who had a dog that was half Newfoundland. I use to wrestle with that dog. I have to tell you, that dog took me off my knees, threw me over his back, yes I was airborne, I landed on the ground, on the other side of him... and then jumped on me....one of the hardest hits I had experienced at that time. It was later topped by a friends 6 month old Great Dane when I scratched my head, he thought I was playing, hit me in the arm, which impacted my head, knocked me to the ground and stood there, on my chest, rather happy and proud of himself

Playful big dogs can be brutal

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YEARS ago I had a girlfriend who had a dog that was half Newfoundland. I use to wrestle with that dog. I have to tell you, that dog took me off my knees, threw me over his back, yes I was airborne, I landed on the ground, on the other side of him... and then jumped on me....one of the hardest hits I had experienced at that time. It was later topped by a friends 6 month old Great Dane when I scratched my head, he thought I was playing, hit me in the arm, which impacted my head, knocked me to the ground and stood there, on my chest, rather happy and proud of himself

Playful big dogs can be brutal
I can almost see that. Yes, the big ones are good practice for the dojo.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, I see the writing on the wall, The State University of NY is now requiring all students and staff get a Covid booster before returning from Christmas break. I now expect the Governor to soon require all state workers to get a booster too. We are already required to get the vaccine, which I did back in April...ahead of the requirement I knew was coming then.

So I decided I better get the booster so it is scheduled for next Thursday.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I see the writing on the wall, The State University of NY is now requiring all students and staff get a Covid booster before returning from Christmas break. I now expect the Governor to soon require all state workers to get a booster too. We are already required to get the vaccine, which I did back in April...ahead of the requirement I knew was coming then.

So I decided I better get the booster so it is scheduled for next Thursday.
I got my booster the last week of November.
The oncologist didn't even let me finish the question when I asked about it: YES

sooo, here we are.
Plus Blue Cross gave me and my husband each 50 bucks for being vaccinated.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my booster the last week of November.
The oncologist didn't even let me finish the question when I asked about it: YES

sooo, here we are.
Plus Blue Cross gave me and my husband each 50 bucks for being vaccinated.
I got mine as soon as I could honestly qualify. Just seemed prudent.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since we're doing Jeeps... here's mine.

View attachment 27867

'89 YJ. 383ci Holley EFI, 700R4 torque converter to a turbo-350 trans. Atlas 4-speed transfer case. Tom Woods double cardan drive shafts. D44 in the front. Chevy 12-bolt rear, both full width out of a 3/4 ton donor truck. 5.13 gears. Detroit lockers. 40" IROKs on Staun beadlocks. Milemarker 12,000lb winch. Poison Spyder stinger, roll cage, and armor. 3/8" plate steel full length skid plate. This picture was taken on our second trip through Independence Trail - One of 3 trails in Colorado rated 10/10.
I need to get out west to wheel soon. We hit up Rauch Creek this week did 3 of the Jeep Badge of Honor trails.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Down to 2F last night. Snowing fairly hard and a high of 14 today.
Brrrrrrrrr.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I’m currently at a Japanese market waiting for the youngest and mrs Xue
For once I’m in an Asian market and not the only minority… but I have to admit, I still stand out much more than Mrs Xue, and even more than the youngest Xue for that matter
Had an awesome Hojicha latte though

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
On December 30th each year, bacon lovers (which I am not) celebrate one of nature’s favored gifts on Bacon Day! The day reminds us that bacon is not just for breakfast. its also for high cholesterol, coronaries and hypertension.
Not to blow your mind but making your own no salt bacon at home is pretty easy.

"Game changer". I agree!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to change the subject about how great bacon is, but.....I woke up to 22 degrees this morning. I thought I was back in NY....haha

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not to blow your mind but making your own no salt bacon at home is pretty easy.

"Game changer". I agree!

If I loved bacon...maybe...but I don't...I hates the stuff....although this salt free fried grease slab slab may take out the hypertension......but Is it fat free......is it high cholesterol, and coronary free.... is it no longer disgustingly greasy.. NOOOOO...still an anti-baconists....DOWN WITH BACON!!!!!

Latest Discussions