Last Poster #7

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
First I had to sign in, usually I'm always signed in, haven't had to do that in so long I can't remember. In one of my alerts it said someone quoted a post of mine, but that wasn't the case. Then the site just dropped away as I was about to type something, so I started all over. No big whoop, just wondering if it's on my end - which it probably is because I have a piece of crap Apple computer. I so hate Apple.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I had to sign in, usually I'm always signed in, haven't had to do that in so long I can't remember. In one of my alerts it said someone quoted a post of mine, but that wasn't the case. Then the site just dropped away as I was about to type something, so I started all over. No big whoop, just wondering if it's on my end - which it probably is because I have a piece of crap Apple computer. I so hate Apple.
That is odd. I have not had any issues. I'll see what we can find.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think you've been hacked by Russian hacker bots. Need to stay away from the naughty sites, Buka. :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No signs of issues that I can find. Best guess is something cleared your login on your PC, and maybe issues with the web. Keep us informed if you keep having trouble and we'll escalate.

Or sacrifice a cat. You can always try sacrificing a cat to the interwebz... after all, the interwebz are full of cats!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No signs of issues that I can find. Best guess is something cleared your login on your PC, and maybe issues with the web. Keep us informed if you keep having trouble and we'll escalate.

Or sacrifice a cat. You can always try sacrificing a cat to the interwebz... after all, the interwebz are full of cats!

Frankly I think it calls for an exorcism.....

I am having no issues on the site today

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I have issues with alerts coming and going since they changed the format.
Suffice it to say the new formats Sucks.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmm... sacrilege orrrr...... ?

It IS an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe so... I feel that gives it more credence!

(Don't worry I still will use it for tea!)

20211014_103557.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone else having unusual problems with the site today?

No problems over here. Although there has been one reoccurring issue, but don't know whether it's a "my phone" issue or not, but it only happens on this forum!

Sometimes if I'm typing a post too fast, it will get stuck on one word and just repeat some of the letters a BUNCH. Like thithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithis.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I've decided to ignore a user with a problem, and my day has gotten better. Basically I chalk it up to OCD.... to put this in perspective by example...his complaint is pretty much like...the tassels on my Persian rug are not straight and I need this fixed now or I cannot function....while the flood waters are raising all around

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
No problems over here. Although there has been one reoccurring issue, but don't know whether it's a "my phone" issue or not, but it only happens on this forum!

Sometimes if I'm typing a post too fast, it will get stuck on one word and just repeat some of the letters a BUNCH. Like thithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithithis.
That only happens when Rose Tyler, one of my cats, decides to walk on the keyboard while I'm typing. Which happens pretty often.

In other news, I'm thinking about upgrading my roasting rig. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the hottop setups, but the Aillio Bullet is pretty darn sexy.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

How are you connecting? I do know that the site owners chose not to support Tapatalk due to security issues, but your mobile browser should work fine.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've decided to ignore a user with a problem, and my day has gotten better. Basically I chalk it up to OCD.... to put this in perspective by example...his complaint is pretty much like...the tassels on my Persian rug are not straight and I need this fixed now or I cannot function....while the flood waters are raising all around
Had someone today complaining that an insurance company is encrypting their emails. They want me to prevent the insurance company from doing this to make it easier on them. Had to explain that I can't control what that insurance company does or doesn't encrypt, and to reach out to the people they're talking to if it's an issue.

I'm fully expecting a call back later that the insurance company refused to change their policy and asking me to get around it again.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Had someone today complaining that an insurance company is encrypting their emails. They want me to prevent the insurance company from doing this to make it easier on them. Had to explain that I can't control what that insurance company does or doesn't encrypt, and to reach out to the people they're talking to if it's an issue.

I'm fully expecting a call back later that the insurance company refused to change their policy and asking me to get around it again.
It's funny that they are like, "That darned insurance company is trying to protect my sensitive information, and it's so inconvenient."

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I have gotten something similar about password protected PDFs sent from another state office

And my OCD user has not sent me anything for a couple hours now....apparently he ran out of PCs near him to compare his problem too

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's funny that they are like, "That darned insurance company is trying to protect my sensitive information, and it's so inconvenient."
People care very little about protecting their info.

Or at the very least, I do not speak a lot with the user's that understand security. They may be there and just also happen to be the ones that don't need to call in a lot.

Latest Discussions